Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

This match is so weird. It's like they're all playing as Prem footballers in their minds (they see the pass, read the pass, make the run, see the run, etc) but then when it comes time to actually execute they're Championship at best so nothing is coming off. :lol: 

19 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I wouldn’t particularly want him here but I find that when I’m watching Everton I’m always like who is this McNeil dude? Seems involved in most of their good play and pretty underrated. 

He's great but we got Barnes instead. He operates deeper, but plays the inside left forward. used to be at Burnley a while ago. I've always rated him tbh. 

On 30/11/2023 at 11:57, Flip said:

One of the biggest chokejobs ever being done by Botafogo in the Brazilian league. Have topped the league all season and had 14 points cushion with 11 games to go. With two games to go, they’re three points behind Palmeiras.

In their last 9 they’ve drawn 5 and lost 4. More remarkably, in three of those draws the opponents have scored in the 90th, 96th and 99th minute. In two of their losses they were up 3-0 and 3-1 and lost 4-3 both times (Luis Suarez 19minute hattrick in the former and in the latter Endrick only recently turned 17 scored twice, and Palmeiras managed to turn 3-1 to 4-3 with goals in the 84th, 90th and 99th).

They haven’t won the league since 1995 and it doesn’t look like they’re going to anytime soon either. 

@Flip Endrick - what’s his level of talent?

As good as Madrid’s signings from Brazil have been they haven’t been Neymar level.  

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

@Flip Endrick - what’s his level of talent?

As good as Madrid’s signings from Brazil have been they haven’t been Neymar level.  

It’s hard to say. He’s developing extremely fast right now and been integral to Palmeiras fighting for the title all of the sudden. Probably right below Neymar at his age in the professional and above the likes of Rodrygo and Vinicius. In the youth setup he’s been above all of them from what I understand.

Tomorrow looks a cracking day of football on TV.

A shame Chelsea vs Brighton wasn't the 2pm Sky match, as West Ham vs Crystal Palace, especially with the better side being at home, doesn't look too appealing, although I will probably stream the NUFC women's match at that time, and have it more in the foreground than background.

11.15am - Feyenoord vs PSV on Mola TV (free app). PSV have won all 13 league matches and are 7 points clear of their 2nd placed opponents, so it kind of feels pretty much must win for Feyenoord with them being at home. Might get a Minteh sighting as well.

4.30pm - Man City vs Spurs, Sky Sports

7.45pm Napoli vs Inter, TNT Sports 2, 4th vs 2nd. Napoli will probably be OK for top 4, but they really do need to win to put themselves in the title picture. 9 points behind Juve, and would go 11 behind Inter if they lost

8pm - Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid, ITV4. 4th vs 3rd, both sides will want the win to put the pressure on the mighty Girona, who currently sit joint top, and 7 clear of these two.

I might leave the sofa at some stage... :coolsmiley:

Minteh starts on the bench. Perhaps it's me reading it wrong and some double names or something, but looks like Feyenoord have 12 subs.

I know they're an hour ahead, but not used to seeing live football before midday.

Forest really fucked up yesterday. Sheff Utd are down, Luton will go down but if Burnley get a couple of decent results then Forest will be in trouble. I imagine Everton will end up completely fine. So really, it’s between Forest and Burnley potentially for that last spot. Bournemouth will be fine 

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think Girona can win la liga.  

81-85 points might get it done this season. They are owned by City group. 

They just need to keep beating all the mediocre and shit teams so that they can afford to drop points against Real, Barca and Atletico.

Edited by Erikse