Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

35 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not much is made of Spurs spending 300m in 1.5 windows. 

They’ve spent half a billion since the start of last summer.  

Ange the miracle worker. 

Gonna need a citation on that one. Let me go work it out.

I make it €272M since the start of last summer. Unless you mean the summer before. That adds €160M. €432M. Then convert to pounds. £371M.

Then subtract the sales of €154M if you like.

It’s a lot, definitely. Thank you Levy for getting us through that last 20 years to this point.

I think Ange is great. If you listen to people who call him a miracle worker, then I suggest you listen to different people.

Edited by leffe186

Anyone else watching the AFCON? Hughton’s Ghana in a bit of bother. Had heard from The Athletic that Bebé was playing for Cape Verde now but it’s still a bit weird to see him out there.

43 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Gonna need a citation on that one. Let me go work it out.

270m this season. 177m last season. That’s 447m since the start of last summer. 

It’s a lot of money. And close to half a billion. It is euros aye.  

35 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I make it €272M since the start of last summer. Unless you mean the summer before. That adds €160M. €432M. Then convert to pounds. £371M.

Then subtract the sales of €154M if you like.

It’s a lot, definitely. Thank you Levy for getting us through that last 20 years to this point.

I think Ange is great. If you listen to people who call him a miracle worker, then I suggest you listen to different people.

I also think Ange is great. Just above I said the prospect of peak Ange ball is scary. But you have invested a hell of a lot of money in recent seasons. And it’s not mentioned as much as our investment. 

I like Ange because he believes in ballers but he also likes a vertical quick game. It’s brilliant to watch. 

5 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Hell of a goal from Milan. Superb assist and finish. In off the underside of the bar :fwap:

Who was that who hit the post just there.  Absolutely fucking outrageous run

15 hours ago, Gawalls said:

I’ll do an experiment later and let you know, the wife will be delighted.

im waiting in earnest to read your essay............

Can’t remember if there’s a MOTD or media thread but wanted to give some praise. Just watching MOTD2 now with Ian Wright and Fara Williams and their post-match analysis was the best I can remember. Excellent choice of topics, well-illustrated with clips and well-argued, and concise. Maybe I don’t pay much attention to it usually but I was impressed.

Arouna Sangante who plays for Senegal might be worth watching. Not seen much of him but from the little I’ve seen and read he might be a very good CB signing as a cheaper option than the likes of Todibo to name one. 

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Arouna Sangante who plays for Senegal might be worth watching. Not seen much of him but from the little I’ve seen and read he might be a very good CB signing as a cheaper option than the likes of Todibo to name one. 

Le Havre will want a decent fee you'd imagine as he's their main academy prospect of the last couple of years and they're in Ligue 1 for the first time in a while.

4 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Le Havre will want a decent fee you'd imagine as he's their main academy prospect of the last couple of years and they're in Ligue 1 for the first time in a while.

For sure. Nowhere near as much as someone like Todibo though. Probably about half the price. 

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Anywhere else on the pitch it's a free kick. 

Thoughts? 

Wouldn’t be a free kick in my book. Defender daft putting arms round him but ultimately doesn’t foul him in my opinion. Not a dive but an attempt to win a penalty so not good from either player.

Always think the African Nations sounds so much better on paper than in reality.

Think it's probably because the stadiums always look a bit rubbish