Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, andycap said:

Well the ginger lad had something to do with it aswell 😂 

Read somewhere a decent keeper is worth 10 points a season and not gonna look it up but fairly certain they were never that much safe. From a neutral point of view it was all Popes doing for me.

But..but..but, I thought Jim “two Bob” Cratchit, the scruffy looking Dickensian waif who can nary afford a new stadium from his £30bn lying down the back of his couch had returned all light and goodness to Mancdom for forevermore?

Diddums for Do wah diddy Dan what did he do?

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

What is it with keepers and Hollywood saves at the moment? I swear I see one every game. Bring back David Seaman.

He's a bit old now don't you think? 😀

Just now, Stifler said:

Stoke in the Championship relegation zone, and Charlton only just outside the League One relegation zone.

Both had decent spells in the Premier League.

Where are Portsmouth these days?

1 minute ago, Joe1984 said:

Where are Portsmouth these days?

Top of League One.

With most clubs that have fell into League One, and League Two after being Premier League mainstays, they usually did either a big slide with successive relegations close together, or been done by financial messes.

It is more unusual to see a gradual slide.

10 years or so ago you could argue that Charlton were the biggest South London club. Them and Palace could have the same gap between them as us and Gateshead next year.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Stunning amount of Newcastle fans streaming our game today. The Knowledge was right all along. 

It was the major game on Premier league goal rush, so anyone wanting to go game to game as things happen would have watched that. Its what a lot of people do, it's often not Man Utd. Just because they are watching your team, doesn't mean they are watching "your team".

Man City spent a lot of money on Matheus Nunes and they barely play him. Certainly don't think I've seen him play left wing before like he is today

Not sure if he can be considered a flop? He looked decent at Wolves but not a world beater

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Man City spent a lot of money on Matheus Nunes and they barely play him. Certainly don't think I've seen him play left wing before like he is today

Not sure if he can be considered a flop? He looked decent at Wolves but not a world beater

Aye he's not played a huge amount, as is often the case with City players it's better to judge them on their second season

I think as things stand he's not played much and not been anything special when he has played

I thought he was good at Wolves, though not City level good

Don't think City are winning the league this year like, this is usually their prime time and they've been very ordinary last few games, even going back to Everton home a few weeks ago, either scraping wins or dropping points. No way this team doesn't lose at Anfield in a few weeks.

Haaland can't hit a cows backside with a banjo at the minute either

Edited by NUFCDoog

22 hours ago, toon25 said:

Come on Ajax

Just think, if Newcastle (your second team) win tonight then that's good for us *points at you and then at me*.

What a weekend that'd be for you *points at toony*

14 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Don't think City are winning the league this year like, this is usually their prime time and they've been very ordinary last few games, even going back to Everton home a few weeks ago, either scraping wins or dropping points. No way this team doesn't lose at Anfield in a few weeks.

Haaland can't hit a cows backside with a banjo at the minute either

He scored last time out.

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Aye I know but he's been missing loads and was really poor today

He's THAT type of player though isn't he. It wouldn't be a suprise if he destroyed Liverpool.

They've got some talent at the top end of the pitch have Bournemouth, like. There really is a lot of talent across the division apart from two teams. 

Wouldn't rule out an equaliser here.