Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

9 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Turkish Super Cup final Gala v Fener.

Fener send out a full team of under 19's.

Gala score in the first 30 seconds (Icardi)

Fener kids walk of the pitch and match is abandoned, Gala win the cup.

Sounds like the perfect place to send dicky masters to get things under control tbh.

That is absolutely peak Turkish football

8 hours ago, leffe186 said:

I definitely see him scoring that chance more than once out of ten. I see me scoring that chance more than once out of ten (I’m a lefty), and I’m not even kidding. There’s actually a decent area of goal to aim for.

No biggie. I never really look at xG in any detail but have used it in the past in discussions. I’ll probably going to use it less in future tbh :lol:

Like any stat it's not perfect and it's power comes from knowing how and when to use it. 

The thing I like about xG is there's no meaningful way to manipulate it. You get a higher xG by creating a larger number of good quality chances which is how you win games of football. 

And for the most part xG passes the eye test. 

There's flaws of course. Own goals as was mentioned above. The wood chance. Fernandes' chance on understat shows as 0.01 which as good a finish as it was isn't right. And whilst xPts can simulate based on chances created after the fact it can't take into account the effect of momentum on a game. 

But I overall like it. How can you not like the stats that understat currently have Man Utd as 15th in the table?

39 minutes ago, Disco said:

Why are the sickos at UEFA playing both the best games at once tonight?

To make it harder for ISIS or whoever to choose which event would make the most impact...

Or UEFA just hate fans...

Edited by Joe1984

Just now, Paullow said:

Can't remember the last time I wouldn't want Sunderland not to lose, but I hope they can get so.ethimg tonight. A draw would be nice.

Fuck me, that first half-sentence was a tricky one to negotiate.

Odegaard is Arsenal’s most important player by a huge distance. You take him out the side and there’s no way they’d be challenging for the league and favourites here