Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

As opposed to 20 years of Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd & Arsenal with no-one else allowed a look in (Leicester freak season apart). Fuck them. 

11 years.  There was no FFP before 2013 in PL.  Anyone else could've bankrolled before that.

But you know, let's forget facts before opinions....

:rolleyes:

Edited by El Prontonise

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Amazing weekend but surely we all suspected that Man City would win the league in the end. 

It was only ever in doubt for me when De Bruyne wasn't playing, even then I was fairly sure they'd do it

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Liverpool has 1. How many does Arsenal have? Man City are going to have 4 in a row, 5 out of 6. That's more in the last 4 years than Arsenal and Liverpool combined in the entire PL history. I think?

The only two clubs to compete over the last 20 years with them are Chelsea and City, they've made sure that never happens again. If the Red Three had their way in 2003 I'd bet no-one outside them would have won the title. 

1 minute ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Also mad that we've humped Villa home and away this season 

We've got the perfect team to exploit a high line, just like we did against Spurs yesterday

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The only two clubs to compete over the last 20 years with them are Chelsea and City, they've made sure that never happens again. If the Red Three had their way in 2003 I'd bet no-one outside them would have won the title. 

Okay, now there's one more in the mix. One who wins every season. One who gets around 95 points a season Better? Not really.

Edited by Erikse

8 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Arsenal under Arteta aren't strong enough mentally in the big moments and Arteta isn't brave enough tactically. He's a fair wind manager. Look at the carry on after we beat them . Look how tactically they struggled against us a few years ago when we had bloody Bruce and an immobile Carroll. They're flat track bullies when the game's against them he doesn't know how to change it. Time and again they make fundamental errors. Today they just had to defend the near post when the cross was coming in. Basics, if you've got the numbers back . When we beat them here all the fuss was was the ball out or not when the defender and the keeper could still have dealt with it. 

I think this is unfair on Arteta.

He's done a very creditable job getting arsenal from a rabble of mercenaries to within a whisker of the title.

However, he's a cunt, so fuck him.

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Okay, now there's one more in the mix. One who wins every season. One who gets around 95 points a season Better? Not really.

So long as FFP is in place to stop anyone else threaten, I hope City continue to win the lot, too. 

Arsenal may have bottled it but they’ll be in the Champions League again next season and be in a position to challenge again. You have to shoot for the stars and land on the moon type of thing. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So long as FFP is in place to stop anyone else threaten, I hope City continue to win the lot, too. 

It's a bit strange to wish for the same team to win every season because you want more variance. Don't you see the irony in that? I think this is mostly just about you disliking the fans of the red ones.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This is basically my stance. At least City fans were downtrodden before their success. Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool are soooo much more insufferable.

I can't believe Sky are interviewing Martinez and Watkins and pretty much every question was about Arsenal. I'd have walked off after that second question about whether they think Arsenal will bounce back? Wtf you asking them for. 

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

It's a bit strange to wish for the same team to win every season because you want more variance. Don't you see the irony in that? I think this is mostly just about you disliking the fans of the red ones.

City are the last club to reach the top before they pushed the ladder away. Mainly lead by the Red 3 (and Spurs). Let clubs spend similar and we might get to a position where there's 8-9 with genuine credentials. The historic few and clubs who have ambition.

Until then, I hope Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal don't win another league title between them.