Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

I thought the pressure of not being able to have a single slip up would get to Arsenal and potentially Liverpool. Certainly didn’t think it would happen to both today.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

How did he make us look dumb? :lol:

All that drama and back tracking when we went for him and questioning why we were interested in him and Howe when they weren't similar or some nonsense. 

We made ourselves look dumb by openly going after someone already managing a team (while they were on course to win a trophy)

It’s going to be a “bludbath fam” on Arsenal socials and fan media. They’re the most toxic of the fan bases, full of major league whoppers.

44 minutes ago, Erikse said:

It's a bit strange to wish for the same team to win every season because you want more variance. Don't you see the irony in that? I think this is mostly just about you disliking the fans of the red ones.

The same few teams would have and were winning the league every year before Man City and Chelsea. From 1987 to the rest of our lives Leicester would be the only team that won the league other than Liverpool/Man United/Arsenal without being either 'financially doped'  or spent more money than they made without risk depending on your perspective. 

Edited by Jonas

7 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Mate the same few teams would have and were winning the league every year before Man City and Chelsea. From 1987 to the rest of our lives Leicester would be the only team that won the league other than Liverpool/Man United/Arsenal without being either 'financially doped'  or spent more money than they made but without risk. (Leeds/Blackburn wouldn't have happened)

I would rather have 3 different teams winning the title between them than 1 team winning it 90% of the time, I'd say 3 or 4 teams back and forth is more variance than 1. But, ofcours, the ideal situation would be more variance than 3 or 4 teams winning it between them.

Edited by Erikse

if we cant win a trophy, i dont want anyone else winning one other than citeh who are so far ahead of everyone  else.

petty, i know.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

if we cant win a trophy, i dont want anyone else winning one other than citeh who are so far ahead of everyone  else.

petty, i know.

This is me 

Up the Villa. Got absolutely no beef with them. 

The more teams keep the Super6 out of the CL the better. 

Same for the top7 (8) 

Villa, us, Brighton, anyone. Keep Spurs and Man U out of the CL. 

Out of Europe all together would be class. 

Also, see Chelsea 

Edited by Groundhog63

52 minutes ago, OCK said:

We made ourselves look dumb by openly going after someone already managing a team (while they were on course to win a trophy)

Think he just fancied a crack at Champions League football with Villareal rather than taking over a rescue mission with us.

49 minutes ago, OCK said:

Oh, come off it man. Not having that. 

He had already accepted, and it got leaked and he completely over reacted.

Hope Howe continues to smash his Villa side everytime we play the Dracula faced git.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The ownership were way too chatty to the media early doors mind.

This is true, but I think it was used as a convenient excuse tbh.

He had already accepted and I'm sure we would have negotiated his release from Villarreal as is standard, without issue.

Guy just started flapping. I think he had second thoughts due to our relegation position, and didn't back himself to get us out of that, as things did look incredibly bleak to be fair.