Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I wonder how often perfect hattricks happen. They feel more frequent than you would expect considering how specific they need to be.

First since haaland early last season apparently 

Honeslty Jackson should let Palmer take it, considering that he's competing for the golden boot? I'd assume that Palmer is supposed to be the taker. So Jackson tries to rob him of it to make him look better?

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Ginola14 said:

at this rate our gd advantage over Chelsea won't be looking too healthy 

thanks Everton

Don’t worry they ain’t get many wins in the next four games, and the last two ain’t easy

Captain should be telling Jackson and mandueke to shut the fuck up as palmer is pen taker. Fucking kids id have subbed them. Can tell dressing room is full of wankers

Who is Chelsea captain tonight? Silva? 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I thought we were complacent and I'm not going to complain that we didn't win because the wrong decision wasn't made for us. Sorry if briefly mentioning that annoys you but that's your burden to bear.

Either way I would hope you realise that the debate around whether VAR is spoiling things - when it actually gets decisions right without taking an age - is far more tedious than VAR itself.

Being annoyed by people being unduly harsh on the team is totally routine, and I'm sure you've experienced that emotion yourself this season; I was only explaining why I felt the conversation was worth having when you said we'd done it to death (so there was no need for the snark!)

Happy to agree to disagree on the decision; no one will ever convince me that the offside law in the age of VAR isn't absolute bullshit. 

Just now, Erikse said:

Honeslty Jackson should let Palmer take it, considering that he's competing for the golden boot? I'd assume that Palmer is supposed to be the taker. So Jackson tries to rob him of it to make him look better?

Yeah, the penalty taker should just take the penalties, especially when the guy hasn't ever missed one.

The one time he let Sterling take one instead, the plonker went and missed.

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Captain should be telling Jackson and mandueke to shut the fuck up as palmer is pen taker. Fucking kids id have subbed them. Can tell dressing room is full of wankers

Who is Chelsea captain tonight? Silva? 

Gallagher

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, the penalty taker should just take the penalties, especially when the guy hasn't ever missed one.

The one time he let Sterling take one instead, the plonker went and missed.

Exactly, and imagine if Palmer is 1 goal off at the end of the season.. Whatever they say, players do care about that stuff.

Embarrassing that penalty shite from Chelsea like, lot of egos spilling over themselves.

That said, it's clearly Palmers role so just zip it and let him crack on.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Beto is such a donkey. Who was it on here that used to wax poetic about him? :lol: 

I'll say it again, I liked him at Udinese a lot. In better circumstances a far more effective striker than he has shown at Everton.

Just now, KaKa said:

I'll say it again, I liked him at Udinese a lot. In better circumstances a far more effective striker than he has shown at Everton.

Didn’t he play in a 2 at Udinese, a more pact player next to him? Got no idea why Everton signed him and decided to play him on his own.

Just now, KaKa said:

So let's talk about Nicholas Jackson, another 'donkey' striker. Still considered shit too?

It's a yes from me mind.

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Being annoyed by people being unduly harsh on the team is totally routine, and I'm sure you've experienced that emotion yourself this season; I was only explaining why I felt the conversation was worth having when you said we'd done it to death (so there was no need for the snark!)

Happy to agree to disagree on the decision; no one will ever convince me that the offside law in the age of VAR isn't absolute bullshit. 

Obviously I don't think it's undue. I love this team and always try to cut them slack, but I said as much at half time that we were being too complacent and it would bite us in the arse if we weren't careful. I wouldn't have said that if I didn't believe it and I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've been critical of them since Howe came in. 

Last season we were so solid and could do it no problem, but it's a bit different when you're conceding 2 goals a game on average, or whatever it was at the time. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So let's talk about Nicholas Jackson, another 'donkey' striker. Still considered shit too?

Well, to be fair, he needed that penalty goal so that his stats can mask how bad he is.. Actually quite incredible that he has 10 goals, but mainly because of the worst hat trick in PL history.

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t he play in a 2 at Udinese, a more pact player next to him? Got no idea why Everton signed him and decided to play him on his own.

Yes, he played with Deloufeu dropping off him.

He's really someone you want to get the ball to in space or in behind. Like his goal against us in transition, where he got on the ball , stiff armed Schar and scored.

Think Dyche has just seen his size and thought he could use as him as a lump upfront, but he's not a hold up striker or back to goal guy like that.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He a complete wanker based off the penalty shite that just happened. I haven't seen Jackson score anything but a tap in (scuffed his shot tonight and tiny arms couldn't get to a strike Nick Pope stops easily) and doesn't have anywhere near the ability of finishing prowess that Palmer does, but I haven't really paid much attention to Jackson.