Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

You can't measure offsides like that with the naked eye either, but here we are with a law where things like that could be deemed as off and linesmen are meant to even look for offsides like it.

Sooner we have the Wenger Law in at all levels, the better imo. 

I think clear daylight between players may be a little too much, but there must be some leeway brought in and should have been when VAR was first introduced, as it effectively has changed the offside law which was was never enforced the way it is now. Not one person would have ever said that freeze-frame displayed an advance to the attacker and ruling that goal out completely flies in the face of the concept of offside.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Hoping Classico is going to compensate for a shite day off football

It hasn't all been shite, though, toony, has it.

*you and me know the truth*

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

La Liga still doesn't have goal-line technology? :lol:

Apparently (co coms mentioned ref wristband not vibrating) but VAR wanted to get involved and delay the game a few mins.

25 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

La Liga still doesn't have goal-line technology? :lol:

It’s the only big 5 league that doesn’t have it, apparently too expensive. :lol:

1 minute ago, Pata said:

It’s the only big 5 league that doesn’t have it, apparently too expensive. :lol:

Should probably even out the splits throughout the league by taking money from Barca & Real to fund it.

48 minutes ago, Pata said:

Yet they have VAR in La Liga 2, but can't afford the goal line technology in La Liga ?  [emoji38]

Edited by Bimpy474

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Imagine being that much of a cunt :lol:

Not sticking up for the twat here, but we don't know what's been said to him. Could have been something unpleasant about his behaviour toward his girlfriend. Now if his behaviour toward his girlfriend is true, the guy is double cunt. If it isn't true, then you can understand that reaction a little.

And if there was nothing said toward him and that's just him, being him.  A cunt, sums him up quite well.

Edited by Bimpy474

11 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Not sticking up for the twat here, but we don't know what's been said to him. Could have been something unpleasant about his behaviour toward his girlfriend. Now if his behaviour toward his girlfriend is true, the guy is double cunt. If it isn't true, then you can understand that reaction a little.

And if there was nothing said toward him and that's just him, being him.  A cunt, sums him up quite well.

To be honest, no matter the context, he's a massive cunt, and a poor footballer

Aye, it’s actually funny how shit he is. I’d hate him a lot more if he was good like Bruno F but because he cost a fortune and he’s largely a total waste of space he can act the cunt as much as he wants as it just reflects horrifically on him 

21 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Yet they have VAR in La Liga 2, but can't afford the goal line technology in La Liga [emoji38]

They have goal line tech

Just now, duo said:

They have goal line tech

I should have put a question mark on the end of that sentence, i didn't know either way.

If they do though, the VAR review seemed a bit odd, unless the goal line technology isn't working for this game ?

10 minutes ago, duo said:

They have goal line tech

https://www.goal.com/en-cm/lists/explained-la-liga-goal-line-technology-barcelona-controversially-denied-real-madrid-el-clasico/bltd9d4d38a3befd650#cs584d307e98f9dfa0

Ahead of the 2023/24 season, El Larguero revealed that La Liga would remained the only top European league to not adopt goal-line technology as president Javier Tebas reportedly refused to pay £2.6 million ($3.2m) - the sum required to implement the technology.

Edited by Pata

5 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I should have put a question mark on the end of that sentence, i didn't know either way.

If they do though, the VAR review seemed a bit odd, unless the goal line technology isn't working for this game ?

Think they were just checking as it looked over the line