Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

"What a job Emery has done. They were fighting relegation when he took over and now look at them"

Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

They weren’t really fighting relegation either tbh.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Howe and Emery have done equally excellent jobs. Granted gerelly speaking Howe started from a lower base.

I’m a massive Emery fan, Howe has done a better job up to this point though imo. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Howe and Emery have done equally excellent jobs. Granted gerelly speaking Howe started from a lower base.

Aye, we were fucking down, absolutely fucking down.

Villa were very much a ship that could be turned around once Gerrard went.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m a massive Emery fan, Howe has done a better job up to this point though imo. 

Defo feel like Villa are getting way more plaudits from ex pundits/sky this season to what we had last year.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Aye, I was just talking in general, but if I was to argue it I'd say the same.

I do think Villa might kick on faster than us in the short term, simply because they have academy products who could generate tens of millions for them.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye, we were fucking down, absolutely fucking down.

Villa were very much a ship that could be turned around once Gerrard went.

Plus ownership already had their feet under the table, invested in the squad,  academy and general club infrastructure.

Edited by The Prophet

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Defo feel like Villa are getting way more plaudits from ex pundits/sky this season to what we had last year.

Foreign coach and all that. 

if the chelsea squad had been assembled at the price of a midtable team you'd think it has a lot of rough edges that may get sorted out and could be somethign with a bit of experience. I remember when there was a worry that Boehly knew what he was doing and was going and had stolen a march on everyone with his amortization nonsense and then it went the way it obviously was always going to...I can't wait for them desperately trying to offload some of these players for a profit and being totally unable to because the players dont want to give up 6 years of contract at those wages...

Edited by Tiresias