Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

12 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Pleased for Andy Woodman

Didn't like him when he was here but listened to a podcast with him and he seemed a genuine bloke

Aye, he was funny and spoke very highly of the North East etc when I heard him. 

30 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So Maddison has really been flat out dropped from this Spurs team? That is pretty damning.

A lot of fuss was made about us not signing him at the time, but here he is once again letting his team down in key moments. Going to ultimately cost Spurs the top 4, just like he let Leicester down last season, and cost them their Premier League place.

A reason I was scared about Barnes aswell.

It's not like Pope deal where he was a top keeper fighting against all odds in a underfunded Burnley team.

The Leicester team was clearly too good to down and all their star act like mercenaries to let that happen.

Always thankful that we didn't sign him.

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I agree that hes not the best when its get though, but I wouldnt put the blame on him for letting the team down. Hes an attacking player and he did his job. Faes on the other side.

Fair point.

Haven't been impressed with his drop off this season at all, so maybe tainting my view of him further.

Nearly a year to the day, 30th April last year was when Liverpool were 3-0 up, Spurs brought it back to 3-3, only to lose with the last kick of the game. We'll have been a lot more invested in that one.

Blatant high foot and boots him in the head, Sky desperate to say it can't be a pen and that the damage was done by the post. Disgusting bias.

Just now, gbandit said:

Fuck, that sounded nasty on the post 

Yeah I thought he was going to be in a really bad way. Thankfully straight back up 

It doesn't matter if he gets the ball if his foot is head high. Or if the post did more damage than the foot

Odd one

3 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Nearly a year to the day, 30th April last year was when Liverpool were 3-0 up, Spurs brought it back to 3-3, only to lose with the last kick of the game. We'll have been a lot more invested in that one.

I remember that, would have virtually given us the Champions League place is Spurs got the draw, went from delighted to seething in the space of a minute. Felt like it was inevitable that Liverpool would catch us.

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

So many fucking tourists at Anfield everytime they cut to the crowd. Winds me up. :lol: 

How do you know they're tourists?

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Aye, on Planet Soft Cunt.

If its the other way (high foot on a defender) the whistle goes straight away. Why?

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

How do you know they're tourists?

The same way you’ll be able to tell when they’re at the new St James Park after we win the PL and CL. :lol: