Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Idk I’m done with middle class football pundits tbf. I don’t think he gives anything that any remotely intelligent watcher of football would be able to understand 

He's been around for ages. I don't think he's there to offer much analytical input, he's there to bring everything together and involve all the other pundits which he's done on Football Italia, BT Sport and the Totally Football Show

I think I read that befor Football Italia he didn't even care about football, he was just drafted in because he could speak Italian and English. I think he's great, I find him quite a calming presence

Just now, joeyt said:

He's been around for ages. I don't think he's there to offer much analytical input, he's there to bring everything together and involve all the other pundits which he's done on Football Italia, BT Sport and the Totally Football Show

I think I read that befor Football Italia he didn't even care about football, he was just drafted in because he could speak Italian and English. I think he's great, I find him quite a calming presence

I liked him back in the day on football Italia. That isn’t good imo, just means he has no real affinity with the game, just a way to bolster his profile 

30 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Idk I’m done with middle class football pundits tbf. I don’t think he gives anything that any remotely intelligent watcher of football would be able to understand 

Couldn't give a shit about class, but I think I get exactly who you mean. :thup: Tbf, I get the impression he is too. :lol: Haven't listened to TTFS for a while but the last time I did he sounded like he held all of the guests in contempt and someone on here mentioned him doing it again recently.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Couldn't give a shit about class, but I think I get exactly who you mean. :thup: Tbf, I get the impression he is too. :lol: Haven't listened to TTFS for a while but the last time I did he sounded like he held all of the guests in contempt and someone on here mentioned him doing it again recently.

It’s really annoying, I feel like it’s massively condescending, it’s incredibly annoying to me 

23 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

It’s really annoying, I feel like it’s massively condescending, it’s incredibly annoying to me 

Aye, if this forum is in any way representative of their audience, then it seems like more and more people getting a bit sick of them like.

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's mad how even Rafa's perceived flops have just been a matter of time :lol:

Fully expecting Matz Sels to trailblaze the next style of goalkeeping now.

Who else has come good?

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

My sweet boy Joselu, and Almiron, Murphy, Manquillo.

Interestingly out of all of his permanent signings

Fabian Schar - HIT

Martin Dubravka - HIT

Florian Lejeune - HIT

Matt Ritchie - HIT

Isaac Hayden - HIT

Dwight Gayle - HIT

Miguel Almiron - HIT

Ciaran Clark - DECENT

Mohammed Diame - DECENT

DeAndre Yedlin - DECENT

Federico Fernandez - HIT

Mikel Merino - HIT

Daryl Murphy - DECENT

Christian Atsu - DECENT

Joselu - DECENT

Ki Sung-yeung - DECENT

Javier Manquillo - HIT

Grant Hanley - FLOP

Jesus Gamez - FLOP

Matz Sels - FLOP

Achraf Lazaar - FLOP

Yoshinori Muto - FLOP

Jacob Murphy - HIT

That's around 80% of his signings that were decent or a hit. Only 5 outright flops that haven't shown anything since

Very good hit rate - not many are on that level especially when buying at that lower level 

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I'd genuinely rather sever one of my own digits than watch another 30 minutes of this. Fuck me.

:lol: Was hoping it'd go straight to pens.

4 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Interestingly out of all of his permanent signings

Fabian Schar - HIT

Martin Dubravka - HIT

Florian Lejeune - HIT

Matt Ritchie - HIT

Isaac Hayden - HIT

Dwight Gayle - HIT

Miguel Almiron - HIT

Ciaran Clark - DECENT

Mohammed Diame - DECENT

DeAndre Yedlin - DECENT

Federico Fernandez - HIT

Mikel Merino - HIT

Daryl Murphy - DECENT

Christian Atsu - DECENT

Joselu - DECENT

Ki Sung-yeung - DECENT

Javier Manquillo - HIT

Grant Hanley - FLOP

Jesus Gamez - FLOP

Matz Sels - FLOP

Achraf Lazaar - FLOP

Yoshinori Muto - FLOP

Jacob Murphy - HIT

That's around 80% of his signings that were decent or a hit. Only 5 outright flops that haven't shown anything since

Very good hit rate - not many are on that level especially when buying at that lower level 

diame was a hit.