Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, leffe186 said:

Yeah, and you’re supposed to be booked for it :lol:. It’s not time-wasting, it’s cheating to stop the oppo getting an advantage. Like I say, he’d just deliberately fouled a bloke to stop them breaking. If he’d only done one or the other he might have got a talking-to. As he did both I reckon it’s a legit booking.

Why is it fair for that team to have that advantage, when the ball has just been stopped and the ball is dead? Anyone that has played football does what the Forest player does, and they barely if ever get booked.

It's an issue that just doesn't need to be fixed, and is again the powers that be putting making an issue out of something that isn't there. 

I also don't see an issue with teams using time wasting and play disruption as a tactic, it can help level the playing field, and give teams a sniff of beating the more elite teams, and I don't see why that's particularly wrong. 

But think I'm in the minority with that opinion.

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

Hope they pick up points and Burnely aren't daft by doing something stupid like firing Kompany. He's got them playing decent stuff, they just need more experience.

It's difficult because the approach was good enough to win the Championship, but it will be much tougher at this level.

Was surprised they didn't go for a few more players with a bit more experience this summer.

I agree about Kompany. He's someone they should keep in place as I think he will eventually build something really good there, but not sure if the ownership will have that sort of vision.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

I also don't see an issue with teams using time wasting and play disruption as a tactic, it can help level the playing field, and give teams a sniff of beating the more elite teams, and I don't see why that's particularly wrong. 

But think I'm in the minority with that opinion.

I think it's part of the game, but like all things, weaker teams exploit it. I don't think we should be shit housing as much as we've done, but I suppose it's got us Champions League. :lol: 

Edited by The Bonk

Just now, 54 said:

Why is it fair for that team to have that advantage, when the ball has just been stopped and the ball is dead? Anyone that has played football does what the Forest player does, and they barely if ever get booked.

It's an issue that just doesn't need to be fixed, and is again the powers that be putting making an issue out of something that isn't there. 

The point is that one team was breaking, and the other team make a deliberate foul to stop it. That’s a bad thing, and  sometimes considered a booking offence on its own. Then the first team tries to play on quickly - which is their right - and the same player stops them from doing so by doing a thing that you’re not allowed to do because he wanted to get an unfair advantage.

You’re right, people who deliberately stop people from taking a quick free kick rarely get booked. Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be. And like I say, he probably got booked because he already deliberately fouled the guy, then exacerbated it by blocking the quick free kick.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's difficult because the approach was good enough to win the Championship, but it will be much tougher at this level.

Was surprised they didn't go for a few more players with a bit more experience this summer.

I agree about Kompany. He's someone they should keep in place as I think he will eventually build something really good there, but not sure if the ownership will have that sort of vision.

I guess it will depend on sentiment around the club, fans, if they're relegated by Christmas, but I don't see it. Hopefully they are out of the drop zone by then and Kompany can continue to build what he's started.