Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Burnley keeper in the book for time wasting after 10 minutes :lol:

Every keeper should have been in the book this weekend. Brentford every single goal kick was set up to play short, only for 8 seconds later them be sent forward wasting a further 8.

Player makes a foul to stop a break, then steps across to deliberately stop them from taking a quick free kick. Ref books him.

Commentator “refs have got to know the game better, how can he be expected to get 10 yards back?”

This viewer “commentators have got to know the game better, how can they be so stridently wrong?”

Do feel for refs at times.

Burnley really getting back into this. They looked an absolute mess first 20-25 mins.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Player makes a foul to stop a break, then steps across to deliberately stop them from taking a quick free kick. Ref books him.

Commentator “refs have got to know the game better, how can he be expected to get 10 yards back?”

This viewer “commentators have got to know the game better, how can they be so stridently wrong?”

Do feel for refs at times.

Burnley really getting back into this. They looked an absolute mess first 20-25 mins.

I thought it was a shitty booking and should never have been given to be honest :lol:

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I thought it was a shitty booking and should never have been given to be honest :lol:

Watch it again. He deliberately steps across to stop the quick free kick. Ref might just have given him a talking to had he not made the cynical foul in the first place.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Koleosho looks a great signing for just £2.6mil this summer and he's only 18

Can be careless at times, but like his enthusiasm and energy. Can see he's a talent too.

Burnley are decent just lack experience. Like that they try to play at least.

3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Watch it again. He deliberately steps across to stop the quick free kick. Ref might just have given him a talking to had he not made the cynical foul in the first place.

Literally any player, at any level does that, and I have no idea why is should be penalised, it's fixing a rule that just wasn't there, its not like he was time wasting, he was stopping his team being broken.

I actually hate these new time wasting rules, they pick and choose when to do it, its not consistent and half the time they make it up as they go along.

Edited by 54

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Literally any player, at any level does that, and I have no idea why is should be penalised, it's fixing a rule that just wasn't there, its not like he was time wasting, he was stopping his team being broken.

I actually hate these new time wasting rules, they pick and choose when to do it, its not consistent and half the time they make it up as they go along.

Yeah, and you’re supposed to be booked for it :lol:. It’s not time-wasting, it’s cheating to stop the oppo getting an advantage. Like I say, he’d just deliberately fouled a bloke to stop them breaking. If he’d only done one or the other he might have got a talking-to. As he did both I reckon it’s a legit booking.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Can be careless at times, but like his enthusiasm and energy. Can see he's a talent too.

Burnley are decent just lack experience. Like that they try to play at least.

Hope they pick up points and Burnely aren't daft by doing something stupid like firing Kompany. He's got them playing decent stuff, they just need more experience.