Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Anyone who can't see Sports Direct was protested about as a means to get rid of Ashley is either being deliberately obtuse or is as thick as fuck.

This isn’t just in reference to Ashley, but I’m astonished that there isn’t more of an uproar about companies like SD.

I worked in retail for 11 years, end even though I probably worked for one of the better companies, there was still stuff that didn’t seem right and they seemed to be on a downward slope.

When I first started working for the company I did, they had someone who’s full shift was a whole role was to check the end of date life’s. It would be an 8 hour shift. By the time I left the role had been removed and a colleague had an hour at best to check the whole stock.

Self scans became a thing, and the initial intent was that you would have a person dedicated to being on them and making sure people had help, assist with age restrictions etc. Pretty soon that turned into the person on the till having to do that in between serving customers.

They brought in a new way of disciplining colleagues, which was essentially for any reason we can put you on performance management and then say you weren’t performing without a way of actually measuring if you were. I saw people be removed of their jobs because of this, and all down to the manager just not liking them.

It is now incredibly rare for a retail worker to get a full time contract. They are quite good at getting people to work part time with 4 hour shifts so that they don’t even have to cover their breaks. There is a whole database there for managers to use so that they can get people to work overtime, but stop at the exact point before they would be legally entitled to a better contract.

Aye ok this pales in significance of what Ashley does at SD, but we’ve heard the stories of what happens at Amazon etc. The whole retail sector is either at their levels, or very fast on the way to it. Working in retail in a non management position is fucking shit, and underpaid, and no one seems to be taking any notice at all.

He's a lot older than I thought, 28 at the end of the year. With not much between him and Wilson, I was thinking it would make more sense to pick Watkins going forward, if like for like, because he's like 7 years younger. Thought he was nearer 24.

31 minutes ago, STM said:

I honestly can't fathom why anyone would go looking for people talking shit about their own club.

All clubs hate all other clubs and they will use whatever flimsy reason to facilitate their hatred.

You do talk a lot of shit… looking at another club’s forum doesn’t mean you’re looking for trouble ffs.

also remember when you claimed Liverpool hadn’t bought their success, until numerous fans educated you that Moores family funded them.

Edited by Ronson333

Spurs will likely beat Fulham at home tomorrow to go clear at the top, but as it stands, there's only 6 points separating the two Manchester clubs in 1st and 8th. Obviously chuffed we're part of that convo now, but it's really good for the league in general that's there's like 9 or so competitive teams now, and some of the more established sides could easily finish 8th or 9th, or wherever Chelsea were last season, if they aren't totally on it.

Villa have got Luton, Forrest and Fulham as their next 3 Prem games. They could easily win all 3 of them, it's going to be tough to keep up with them before the next International break let alone trying to catch up with the top 4.

Villa are playing some sweet stuff at the moment, they looked decent against us in the first half before we punished them for getting too cocky. Still I wish we'd been as clinical against West Ham, but swings and roundabouts.