Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, The Prophet said:

As a man who was a VAR fan and thought it could do good in the game, I was wrong, sack it off. While we have utterly incompetent officials it's only compounding the problem and making the game less watchable.

See now I never understood how anyone could think it would. Football refereeing decisions etc are so subjective. All those years of managers post match crying for technology because they thought referees needed help to get to the right decision was always about them really thinking they’d get the decision they wanted. Same with fans ringing into radio stations moaning. Was never going to change either scenario and has been proven it won’t.

Goal line technology and offside technology (if really wanted) set to daylight is all the game needs and just accept the rest. Can’t be underlined how great it was to celebrate a goal at Old Trafford the other week knowing each one stood instantly.

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

See now I never understood how anyone could think it would. Football refereeing decisions etc are so subjective. All those years of managers post match crying for technology because they thought referees needed help to get to the right decision was always about them really thinking they’d get the decision they wanted. Same with fans ringing into radio stations moaning. Was never going to change either scenario and has been proven it won’t.

Goal line technology and offside technology (if really wanted) set to daylight is all the game needs and just accept the rest. Can’t be underlined how great it was to celebrate a goal at Old Trafford the other week knowing each one stood instantly.

If it was utilised with a modicum of common sense and competence, it could be a useful addition to the game, but it doesn't appear it's ever going to be.