Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

46 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think it's pretty clear Chelsea are on an upward trajectory. They'll be in the mix.

They've underperformed for so long in front of goal. i won't believe it until they can score and win 3 or 4 on the bounce.

As a fairly avid FPL player, Chelsea players have been fools gold since the second half of the Lukaku/Tuchel season.

James was excellent for the hour he played too. If they can keep him fit that will be massive. There's a massive drop off at RB

3 hours ago, Disco said:

McSauce scored again for the Jocks. Mad how you can’t watch any qualification bar England without going out of your way. Absolutely shocking state of affairs.

Yeah, used to love watching a random match on Sky back in the day, like Kazakh / Azerbaijan / Georgia at 5pm and then a close looking qualification impacting match later on, but it's grim now. ViaPlay Xtra is effectively free to air, or at least available to a significant amount of households, but the match choice on there is very hit and miss.

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-viaplay-sports.html

They had Liechtenstein vs Portugal tonight, which was pointless as one was guaranteed to finish last and the other first, and a mismatch so no jeopardy or anything riding on it, although they do have Denmark vs Slovenia tomorrow night which could be important, especially if Kazakhstan win earlier in the day as expected. I'll possibly watch that over the England match tomorrow.

I've mentioned a few times on here, but I think it's absolutely scandalous how Scotland matches are buried on a niche paywall like ViaPlay whereas England and even Wales via S4C get theirs on free to air.

35 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Yeah, used to love watching a random match on Sky back in the day, like Kazakh / Azerbaijan / Georgia at 5pm and then a close looking qualification impacting match later on, but it's grim now. ViaPlay Xtra is effectively free to air, or at least available to a significant amount of households, but the match choice on there is very hit and miss.

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-viaplay-sports.html

They had Liechtenstein vs Portugal tonight, which was pointless as one was guaranteed to finish last and the other first, and a mismatch so no jeopardy or anything riding on it, although they do have Denmark vs Slovenia tomorrow night which could be important, especially if Kazakhstan win earlier in the day as expected. I'll possibly watch that over the England match tomorrow.

I've mentioned a few times on here, but I think it's absolutely scandalous how Scotland matches are buried on a niche paywall like ViaPlay whereas England and even Wales via S4C get theirs on free to air.

Aye I follow a few Jocks on Twitter and they’re always rightly complaining about it. Should be no different to England/Wales unless the SFA are pulling a fast one. I’d watch most their games if they were on. I regularly did when they were absolutely gash.

Saying that watched a bit of the Nigeria game earlier on a betting channel as I saw they were losing to some rank outsiders. They’re so disjointed given the relative talent imbalance of the game. 

7 hours ago, Disco said:

Probably have to watch it on 365 but it's Argentina v Uruguay at midnight tonight.

Not even on the betting platforms but a hilariously bad tempered affair so far. Ref looks more nails than half the players which definitely adds to it.