Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Top 3 or 4 managers in the league if we're going by this season and last surely? 

If that’s true then the leagues fucked!! Haven’t you only won once when playing top ten teams or something this season?

6 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Guess we'll only see if a top club job comes his way again with the resources that they have had or what he ends up doing with Villa. " decent manager" is a massive understatement not sure why people are playing his achievements down. Imagine Howe winning us the Europa league...then going and winning it another two times..then going to another club and winning it with them as well. Not sure we'd be saying "decent" to that.

It's all relative though, we haven't won a trophy for circa sixty years.

Klopp and Guardiola have won multiple league titles and Champions League trophies, they're the very best around at the moment. Emery has always been a decent cup manager, but has struggled a bit in domestic leagues. Who knows, he might have learnt a bit in the last couple of years, but he's not in that bracket. I'm sure Villa won't care like.

11 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

If that’s true then the leagues fucked!! Haven’t you only won once when playing top ten teams or something this season?

Make it top 9 and you'll really enjoy yourself. 

Just now, mighty__mag said:

I still can't understand Villa completely reinventing themselves.

I really didn't expect this much of a switch in how they approach opposition. 

We've done exactly the same to be fair. Hopefully both sides can go some way to breaking up the big six monopoly.

Just now, The Prophet said:

We've done exactly the same to be fair. Hopefully both sides can go some way to breaking up the big six monopoly.

Do you think? With Villa it seems different. Our journey is a progressive project, they seem to have just gone after their targets, the FFP sale of Grealish helped massively, the transfers took what looks like one season to settle, and then marry in with the core players, McGinn, Dougls, Watkins, Martinez, Cash etc.  Brave, because it could have gone the other way, but they spent, moved quickly, and it seems to be coming together. 

Our FFP wasn't as good as theirs meaning we couldn't nail down every target, I think our owners and advisors know we are on a slower, slightly more challenging development.