Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Love that Emery beat Arsenal when they sacked him. I bet that tasted sweet for him.

Wouldn't it be good if we stopped banging on about a Liverpool Man City dominance and started talking about a Villa Newcastle dominance. 

I'd definitely like Emery and Howe to be the new and improved Klopp and Pep. Far less annoying. 

Well done for hanging on Villa! Rustling up some real feathers. 

We've played 4 games in the last 10 days, which is probably why today looked not too much like Man City a few days ago, so I think that intensity is starting to show.

However, winning 15 home league games in a row is fucking outstanding, and I'm old enough to see us actually winning the league and plenty other silverware. It's an incredible statistic, 15 games and not dropped a single point, just incredible.

Big January window for us, though, get that right plus get Buendia back and Ramsey and Moreno fully back to match fitness, and I think a top four finish is on the cards.

I'd fucking love to win the Conference, though.

If we're not gonna win the league, then I'd rather Villa did. Really push the noses out of joint.

They're years ahead of us in terms of development and have a great academy. Now they have a great manager, it's all clicking and I'm happy to enjoy it on their behalf. 

It's about time someone else rattled the upper echelons and I really hope they can keep this up! 

Our owners really do know how to pick a good manager. 

We will be there soon but we've had to come from waaaay further back. Our academy is only just getting started! 

3 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Why was the pen not looked at?

Because we don't get penalties. It's in the official Premier League handbook. 63 matches since our last penalty now.

This was before the Palace and Man Utd victories, and note that even if we get a penalty that graph doesn't change as it the moment we still haven't had one:

pens.thumb.png.0db24c889921588995f832ed54565e90.png

Edited by WillDanceForChocolate

We went about four PL seasons without a red card being awarded to the opposition. There was one away at Norwich circa Jan 2014 (which got rescinded anyway :lol:) which was then followed by a Huddersfield defender at home in like February 2019 (granted we had a year out in the Championship).

Not sure if anyone has the stat on how many PL matches it ended up being?

Arsenal out in full force tonight screaming corruption and poor refereeing, much like our game, its easier to look out than in, another impotent performance in front of goal. I've seen the "incidents" and again feel like the calls were correct, can't give HB against Cash, it was by his side, wasn't making him any bigger and was 100% accidental. Also, you can't score off an accidental HB, but you can assist, so Havertz clearly committed a foul when he put it in the back of the net. The Jesus incident was just clutching at straws.

The good news is, after 5 weeks of utter bitterness and fountains of tears the Gooners now have a new worst enemy to concentrate on :lol:

There is a horrific sense of entitlement in their whining, too.

They're not supposed to struggle against the likes of us or you. When they do, it just can't be fair, it must be some sort of plot.

Arteta is also one of those cunts, like Klopp, who are all magnaniomous when they've won, but snarky wankers when they've lost.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

There is a horrific sense of entitlement in their whining, too.

They're not supposed to struggle against the likes of us or you. When they do, it just can't be fair, it must be some sort of plot.

Arteta is also one of those cunts, like Klopp, who are all magnaniomous when they've won, but snarky wankers when they've lost.

Manager and fans pushing Liverpool for most insufferable team the past couple of seasons. You'll not hear the end of this for a month now and any social media post will be inundated by Arsenal supporters wanting blood, it's really bizarre behaviour.