Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

9 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

🤣🤣

Is that the lad with Smith emblazoned on his shirt? Or are there at least two Japanese fans with ‘unusual’ NUFC preferences. 

Did the Ajax stadium tour today and they've got some interesting names on their Hall of Fame wall 

20240804_170718.thumb.jpg.3f3adcb5c0ffe25bc2898587eb071d2a.jpg

20240804_170629.jpg

Edited by joeyt

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Did the Ajax stadium tour today and they've got some interesting names on their Hall of Fame wall 

20240804_170629.jpg

Was seconds away from heading into a longform-post defending Siem De Jong's inclusion given how he played 278 matches for them and scored two out of the three goals that secured them their 30th total Eredivise title, this after Ajax got vaccinated against obtaining any form of trophy for seven seasons until De Jong stepped up and broke their dry spell.

...then I noticed "Albert Luque".......if my memory isn't failing, didn't he just play like a handful of games for them before Danny Blind tore up his contract after he knocked Luis Suarez out cold in the Ajax dressing room at half time during a match? What the fuck? :lol: 

The on this day video for Shearer signing appeared on my feed.

Anyhow they showed a clip of Shearer scoring from a laid off indirect free kick.

i know indirect free kicks are now a thing of the past but why does no one ever set up a free kick using this routine any more?

Spain captain Alvaro Morata and team-mate Rodri have been banned for one game by Uefa after they chanted "Gibraltar is Spanish" during their side's Euro 2024 victory celebrations.

The Gibraltar Football Association (GFA) made an official complaint about the celebrations to European football's governing body before the pair were charged.

Uefa has now suspended Morata and Rodri "for failing to comply with the general principles of conduct, for violating the basic rules of decent conduct, for using sporting events for manifestations of a non-sporting nature and for bringing the sport of football, and Uefa in particular, into disrepute".

They are banned for Spain's next game, which is against Serbia on Thursday, 5 September.

Gibraltar is an enclave at Spain's southern tip that has been under British rule since the 18th century, and Spain has long called for its return.

The chanting took place in front of tens of thousands of Spain fans in Madrid's Cibeles Square on 15 July, as players celebrated their 2-1 Euro 2024 final victory over England.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Spain captain Alvaro Morata and team-mate Rodri have been banned for one game by Uefa after they chanted "Gibraltar is Spanish" during their side's Euro 2024 victory celebrations.

The Gibraltar Football Association (GFA) made an official complaint about the celebrations to European football's governing body before the pair were charged.

Uefa has now suspended Morata and Rodri "for failing to comply with the general principles of conduct, for violating the basic rules of decent conduct, for using sporting events for manifestations of a non-sporting nature and for bringing the sport of football, and Uefa in particular, into disrepute".

They are banned for Spain's next game, which is against Serbia on Thursday, 5 September.

Gibraltar is an enclave at Spain's southern tip that has been under British rule since the 18th century, and Spain has long called for its return.

The chanting took place in front of tens of thousands of Spain fans in Madrid's Cibeles Square on 15 July, as players celebrated their 2-1 Euro 2024 final victory over England.

Still no bans for Enzo or Nunez from FIFA or CONMEBOL.

Still at least they didn’t place any bets I suppose. 

Just now, Likelylad said:

Watching the overlap fan debate and I had to fast forward that Lee Lawler from Newcastle Fans TV. Christ 

Was a slight improvement on that Kendall lass but still cringeworthy as fuck

37 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Honestly, Sky must do it on purpose because they could easily find a decent fan who doesn't talk in clichés and can actually make astute observations and salient points but maybe that doesn't play into the stereotype. 

Emil Franchi being someone who while not an "Online" fan presence in the way of the True Faith lot, has always spoke really well whenever he does go on things like JLA's The Ripple Effect, and would be much better then anyone from Newcastle Fan TV TrueFaith Etc. 

West Ham has such a good team now. If Lopetegui can get them going, they will be a real force.

By the way, I've wondered why we don't have a PL thread here, where we can discuss other teams in the PL. We have one for other clubs transfers and FFP for example, I just think it would be interesting to have one for other PL teams in general. Allways feel like I have to put it here, due to lack of a thread for it. Not sure if anyone else is interested in this, though.

Edited by Erikse

21 minutes ago, Erikse said:

(...)

By the way, I've wondered why we don't have a PL thread here, where we can discuss other teams in the PL. We have one for other clubs transfers and FFP for example, I just think it would be interesting to have one for other PL teams in general. Allways feel like I have to put it here, due to lack of a thread for it. Not sure if anyone else is interested in this, though.

We got one recently!

59 minutes ago, Checko said:

We got one recently!

Oh, I actually didn't notice. What a coincidence. And of course, Ratcliffe somehow became the preview image for it.[emoji38] New level of entitledness.

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Oh, I actually didn't notice. What a coincidence. And of course, Ratcliffe somehow became the preview image for it.[emoji38] New level of entitledness.

Yeah I apologise for that, think I posted it as a subtle message to Froggy.