Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Just now, Eveready said:

And you were fine with someone like that being on the pitch, playing infront thousands of kids as he wasn't yet found guilty?

:lol:

Aye, me poking fun at the suggestion trial by social media is essential means I condone a statutory rapist playing football.

Do you need an off-ramp here?

Just now, The Prophet said:

:lol:

Aye, me poking fun at the suggestion trial by social media is essential means I condone a statutory rapist playing football.

Do you need an off-ramp here?

I'm struggling to understand your point here.

Either the justice system does it's job as you claim - then you either suspend a player when he's charged or found guilty.  Which is a perfectly fine opinion.

I just think with public figures you have to take a more nuanced view on a case-by-case basis.  And that should be what the club knows, not what the public knows.  On balance of things I think there's a decent chance Man Utd have medical records which is why they suspended him.

In your view would you suspend them at being charged or found guilty?  The reason I likely have a different opinion as I know someone who took 18 months to be charged after their final police interview despite them gathering no evidence, so I don't trust the CPS to do their job promptly.

I don't know because we only have access to incomplete information.

Unlike, say Greenwood, where there appeared to be obvious grounds for termination of contract via gross misconduct or bringing the club's name into disrepute based on the video alone, this all seems very he said, she said.

The club are almost certainly privy to more evidence, but we don't know for sure or if they are what it is. It's all just baseless speculation at this point. 

I was just making light of the notion the court of public opinion is remotely helpful.

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't know because we only have access to incomplete information.

Unlike, say Greenwood, where there appeared to be obvious grounds for termination of contract via gross misconduct or bringing the club's name into disrepute based on the video alone, this all seems very he said, she said.

The club are almost certainly privy to more evidence, but we don't know for sure or if they are what it is. It's all just baseless speculation at this point. 

I was just making light of the notion the court of public opinion is remotely helpful.

I don't disagree with anything you said there, I might not have worded a few of my posts in the right way.

I don't think we're entirely in agreement as I think that it should be an internal matter for the club based on the evidence they know but you stated on a previous page that he hasn't been charged and therefore no case to answer.

My view is that Man Utd have probably told Antony to stay away because they have medical records as evidence against him and they're right to keep him out of the squad.  I was just trying to explain my rationale to why I think that's the likely case.

Of course this is all speculative and not really helpful to anyone involved, but hey, it is the internet.

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Who are they? Anyone interested in Everton would ring massive alarm bells given their utterly disastrous current state 

American investment firm currently ruining Seville, Hertha Berlin and Standard Liege among others.

13 minutes ago, christ said:

American investment firm currently ruining Seville, Hertha Berlin and Standard Liege among others.

Sevilla who are bottom of La Liga, Hertha who are 17th in the German second division, Standard Liege who are 3rd bottom of the Belgian League (and without European football) and Genoa who were relegated from Serie A two seasons ago. Give it up lads, youre shite. :lol:

edit: Oh and Vasco Da Gama who are on course to be relegated from the Brazilian Serie A

Edited by Doctor Zaius

9 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Sevilla who are bottom of La Liga, Hertha who are 17th in the German second division, Standard Liege who are 3rd bottom of the Belgian League (and without European football) and Genoa who were relegated from Serie A two seasons ago. Give it up lads, youre shite. :lol:

edit: Oh and Vasco Da Gama who are on course to be relegated from the Brazilian Serie A

How in the holy fuck can they pass the fit and proper test ?