Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

9 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

The precedent has now been set by the PL, I can see a lot of teams now saying fuck it, let’s smash FFP this season and take the 10point Hit.  If we had done that this season for instance we would have a far better squad and still be in 16th place 

You realise that its took about 2/3 YEARS for this to happen, Everton didnt break ffp yesterday so any team going mad in Jan wont get hit for ages. We would get hit with our great side fighting for the title in a few years not this season.....

3 minutes ago, OCK said:

I look forward to the legal challenge from whichever club it was that would have stayed up last season, if the EPL hadn't given Everton a stay of execution, as they should have had a points deduction last year. I guess Everton's appeal or whatever must have delayed that. 

Leicester wasn't it? Had to sell a load of their players when they went down too. 

I'm trying to find something where around the start of last season there was talk of Everton getting a points deduction, but the EPL stepped in to manage Everton's finances and ensure they didn't spend anything on players or something. I'm sure I read that. 

9 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

They are so lucky Everton mind , any other year and they would be relegated with that deduction but the three promoted teams are so bad this year they will get away with it again.

Aye, just off to pop the lottery on.

11 minutes ago, OCK said:

I'm trying to find something where around the start of last season there was talk of Everton getting a points deduction, but the EPL stepped in to manage Everton's finances and ensure they didn't spend anything on players or something. I'm sure I read that. 

You mean whenthey had to sell Richarlison? Nowt about points then mind, just that they would have broken rules if not

https://princerupertstower.com/2022/06/30/everton-richarlison-ffp-complications/

46 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Can someone explain what they've been charged with please? They posted a loss of over £300 million, but it's been calculated as a £125m loss, which is £15m over the FFP threshold; is that right? So they've been given a 10 point reduction for going £15m over FFP?

Are Man City gonna end up playing Kings Lynn soon?

Wasn't there something about Everton taking the piss in their accounting wrt how much they lost due to covid which is not calculated into FFP?

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Wasn't there something about Everton taking the piss in their accounting wrt how much they lost due to covid which is not calculated into FFP?

They claimed about £200m covid losses or something ridiculous