Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm 50 next year and my son is 21, as part of our celebrations we fancy going to Valencia for a few days and taking in a game, does anyone know how hard is it to get tickets to a match ? 

So long as its not against Barca or Real Madrid it should be fairly easy, think they have a membership but that's for discounts/perks rather than a barrier to buying a ticket at all.

From memory I think they also do packages where you get the stadium/museum tour plus ticket if you want to do the whole "tourist experience" thing on top of going to the match.

Just now, Ben said:

I'm 50 next year and my son is 21, as part of our celebrations we fancy going to Valencia for a few days and taking in a game, does anyone know how hard is it to get tickets to a match ? 

Was a few years ago that I went but was a piece of piss. Just bought them off the official website. Had a look there and still seems like you can. Given they’re pretty average these imagine it’d only be a problem if they’re playing Real or Barca (and prices for those will be inflated too). Ground is pretty central, 20 min walk or a couple of stops on the Metro from the centre. We were in the massive steep one on the side, was class albeit a tad warm to spend sat in the sun.

If they’re not at home, Levante are also based in the city and Villarreal is an hour or so on the local rattler up the coast. 

It’s a lush city. Make sure to go to Gordon 10 steakhouse as well, as good as I’ve ever had.

1 minute ago, Kilcline said:

So long as its not against Barca or Real Madrid it should be fairly easy, think they have a membership but that's for discounts/perks rather than a barrier to buying a ticket at all.

From memory I think they also do packages where you get the stadium/museum tour plus ticket if you want to do the whole "tourist experience" thing on top of going to the match.

The tour is good, great old school stadium.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Was a few years ago that I went but was a piece of piss. Just bought them off the official website. Had a look there and still seems like you can. Given they’re pretty average these imagine it’d only be a problem if they’re playing Real or Barca (and prices for those will be inflated too). Ground is pretty central, 20 min walk or a couple of stops on the Metro from the centre. We were in the massive steep one on the side, was class albeit a tad warm to spend sat in the sun.

If they’re not at home, Levante are also based in the city and Villarreal is an hour or so on the local rattler up the coast. 

It’s a lush city. Make sure to go to Gordon 10 steakhouse as well, as good as I’ve ever had.

Cheers, we did the stadium tour a few year ago and loved it, especially the Rafa part of the museum and we always said we'd love to spend more time in the city and do a game.

Just now, Ben said:

Cheers, we did the stadium tour a few year ago and loved it, especially the Rafa part of the museum and we always said we'd love to spend more time in the city and do a game.

Aye it’s a class old ground. We were halfway up the second tier and because it’s so steep you still felt really close to the pitch. They were playing Betis when I went. Was canny as there was, for Spain, a decent travelling support which made for a way better atmosphere even if Betis ended up winning 2-3.

"Former Manchester United star Eric Bailly is another man to have his Besiktas contract ripped up this season. The Ivorian moved to the Turkish outfit in September but a bust-up with his own team-mate and an alleged curse placed upon him has seen his time in Istanbul cut short."

Ummm, he had a fucking curse put on him and the club released him?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/footballers-tinder-bumble-emirhan-delibas-32163724

Edited by McDog

16 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Salah with a reoccurence of his hamstring. Trent also experienced a reoccurence of his knee injury. They both seem to have been rushed back.

Fucking Howe.....

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

You pinching my takes? :laugh:

I didn't know that anyone posted about it, I was too lazy to check.:lol: But looking at your post it certainly seemed like it. To be fair I wrote pretty much the same thing about Olise both times when he went out.

I find it strange how managers rush players back for hamstrings. It usually goes wrong. Palace fans were begging for Roy to not sub in Olise at 4-0 Brighton in the second half. He lasted 10 min. Pep did brilliantly with de Bruyne, he was pretty patient with him.

Edited by Erikse

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ive-offended-liverpool-without-even-mentioning-it-qbtr9sds6

Any hack will tell you that the First Rule of Journalism is “never write about Liverpool”. It’s just not worth it. They are the thinnest-skinned people in the world and however nice you try to be, they take it the wrong way, square up to you, then start crying, then hate you forever and ever and ever. So just leave Liverpool alone, and you should be OK. Although not necessarily. Having not written about Liverpool in years, I was ambushed this morning on my social media feeds by the online local paper Liverpool World declaring, “Times food critic calls popular Liverpool restaurant chain ‘worst in the world’.”