Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea (Portugal and South Korea qualify)

Big River

49 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Now imagine if it was England and not Spain. (Or if there's a country the Irish hate more, feel free to insert).

There isn't :lol:

I dunno, you do you man but I can't get my head around not wanting to see that match on such a stage.

Don't think there are many Irish football fans over the age of 45 or so who wouldn't have the game in Euro 88 when they beat England 1-0 at the Euros as their favourite game. I was just too young but even the World Cup in 1990, beating Romania on penalties in the last 16 is what made me a football fan. By all accounts it was the dullest 0-0 of all time to get to there but man... that shootout I'll remember forever.

But yeah, you'll likely get levelled by Brazil and Japan are unlikely to beat Croatia you'd think.

Just now, cubaricho said:

Be the first baby. 

I'm just reading through the list and this is ridiculous :lol: The worst team they've lost to at the World Cup is... maybe Norway 1998?

They may be bottlers in the later rounds, but they sure get the job done against minnows.

I don’t ever want to watch a World Cup without Uruguay in it, such a unique mentality and love of cuntishness. Can’t remember any accidents with either Valverde or Cavani on their club teams.

4 hours ago, oldtype said:

I think I passed out for a little bit. Going straight from Korea winning to Suarez bawling his eyes out. The pleasure was too intense.

What the fuck happened to the emoji we had for you, @oldtype? From that gameshow you were on. Possibly the greatest moment I've experienced on this forum/internet.

Just now, Interpolic said:

I had the South Korea game on, did Uruguay actually go for a 3rd goal in the 2nd half? Saw they took off Suarez, Darwin and the scorer of the brace. Absolute dafties if they settled for 2, knowing what could happen. 

They did the second Korea scored but aye the manager fucked up beforehand albeit Suarez was done. Taking off the bloke the scored fucked them up most. They weren’t not attacking but it looked like they’d settled for 2.

6 hours ago, Pata said:

I don’t ever want to watch a World Cup without Uruguay in it, such a unique mentality and love of cuntishness. Can’t remember any accidents with either Valverde or Cavani on their club teams.

Agree. Cavani has always been a nice guy his throughout his career. Refused trolling Haaland when the entire PSG team did his celebration. Different animal for Uruguay.