Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea (Portugal and South Korea qualify)

Big River

8 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It was amazing [emoji38] the attackers were still frantically trying to score but the keeper had long since given up hope and just wanted to take them down too.

The coach was wasting time too with those subs while most of the outfield players were trying (badly) to score.

Edited by The College Dropout

Talking about cheating bastards, I was in Naples in August and wandered into a shop, a shrine to Maradonna. I looked round and realised I was all alone save for a life-size cardboard cutout of the cheating twat himself :cheesy: Dark thoughts came into my head as all the old memories came flooding back...should I give it a good old slap? Take this for every England fan you twat...

20 minutes ago, dorty said:

I can remember Uruguay getting pumped 6-1 off Denmark in the 86 WC. They were dirty bastards then, pretty much like Argentina to be fair.

That '86 Danish team was something special. I feel sorry for the kids today for not knowing the greatness that was Laudrup back in the day. Most elegant player I have ever seen.

3 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Would honestly rather lose to Brazil 5-0.

Man, I don't get the mentality. :lol:

Would be the biggest game of football in your country's history, would be class.

Just now, Shak said:

Man, I don't get the mentality. :lol:

Would be the biggest game of football in your country's history, would be class.

I don't want it. Losing that game would soil all the good memories this World Cup has given us forever. Everyone would try really hard to pretend that it's fine and we're still happy, but we wouldn't be.

2 minutes ago, oldtype said:

I don't want it. Losing that game would soil all the good memories this World Cup has given us forever. Everyone would try really hard to pretend that it's fine and we're still happy, but we wouldn't be.

You might win though.

Just now, 54 said:

Could arguably have a couple of derbies in the Quarters:

Spain Vs Portugal

Korea Vs Japan

Let's just nip all of this in the bud right now. We're not beating Brazil in an elimination match. :lol: And I hope Croatia tears Japan apart.

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

That '86 Danish team was something special. I feel sorry for the kids today for not knowing the greatness that was Laudrup back in the day. Most elegant player I have ever seen.

He was sheer class.

2 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Also, it could go to penalties and I'd just die on the spot.

I did sit on the ground outside the pub for like an hour when Ireland lost the shootout to Spain in 2002.

We'd have beat the piss out of your lot in the quarters, too. I'm convinced of it :lol:

6 minutes ago, Shak said:

I did sit on the ground outside the pub for like an hour when Ireland lost the shootout to Spain in 2002.

We'd have beat the piss out of your lot in the quarters, too. I'm convinced of it :lol:

Now imagine if it was England and not Spain. (Or if there's a country the Irish hate more, feel free to insert).

55 minutes ago, dorty said:

I can remember Uruguay getting pumped 6-1 off Denmark in the 86 WC. They were dirty bastards then, pretty much like Argentina to be fair.

Gordon Strachan getting wiped out in the first minute of a game, during Mexico 86 - player was sent off. Uruguay then stone-walled and cheated their way to a point. :thdn: