The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

12 minutes ago, Pata said:

If I'm reading this right this season we could have been in groups like:

Real Madrid or Bayern Munchen or PSG

Barcelona or Juventus or Atletico

Dortmund or Inter or Napoli or Benfica

Newcastle

Obviously these are worst case scenarios but it could be rough (and fucking class). :lol:

I'll take them all.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Would love for Man Utd to drop off, Tottenham to fall away completely and for Villa to make up the top 4. Change is good.

Nah fuck villa, rather Brighton then them.

Edited by SUPERTOON

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

No.

We will be in the bottom pot because we haven’t been in Europe for over 10 years.

I guess the only way we move up to pot 3 is if there is more teams who qualify for the Champions League pot 4 who haven’t been in Europe for the last 10 seasons than there is places.

Ah right, gotcha :thup:

3 hours ago, wormy said:

:lol: This started going through my head but I decided to resist posting it unless/until we actually secure CL.

But seeing as you mention it.. Our group would be a fucking nightmare for us presumably? I assume we'd be one of, if not the worst seeded team in the tournament if we make it this year? 

If we got there we'd be the 4th seed the others want to avoid.

The push for third is on for me, both Brighton and Man U will be knackered after that game and Brighton will be beat up emotionally as well. Spurs will draw their way to the end of the season and Man U will hopefully have one eye on the final.

Doubt they will catch us but the only “serious” threat I see now is Liverpool. Mostly because of their fixture list. Having said that it would take a collaps for us too. Tottenham look wrong in many ways and have tough games. Brighton have tough games too. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if we end up in 3rd either. 

Edited by Ikon

8 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Doubt they will catch us but the only “serious” threat I see now is Liverpool. Mostly because of their fixture list. Having said that it would take a collaps for us too. Tottenham look wrong in many ways and have tough games. Brighton have tough games too. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if we end up in 3rd either. 

Mate, I'm as pessimistic as they come and even I'm starting to believe 

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I'll take them all.

Whole point of being in Europe is to see us playing against the best sides, travel to historic grounds etc.

It’s not like we’re realistically aiming to win the CL next year :yao: so bring them all on I say.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Is there any benefit for finishing 3rd vs 4th in terms of CL seeding or is it purely based on recent European performance?

None, but you get more money from the Premier League.

3 hours ago, Pata said:

If I'm reading this right this season we could have been in groups like:

Real Madrid or Bayern Munchen or PSG

Barcelona or Juventus or Atletico

Dortmund or Inter or Napoli or Benfica

Newcastle

Obviously these are best case scenarios but it could be rough (and fucking class). :lol:

FTFY :) 

While it wouldn’t be our first CL rodeo - and with our ownership, it won’t be the last - I would always want a group of big names.  It must be depressing to be a Blackburn Rovers supporter, having only experienced one year of it, yet finding themselves in a group with Rosenberg, Spartak Moscow and Legia Warsaw.  And finishing bottom of it.  

Edited by TheBrownBottle

2 bigger names and one weaker one from pot 3 (like say Shakhtar or Salzburg this season) would be absolutely perfect. Probably should finish at least 3rd and extend the Euro journey, and have a shot at the Europa, and a chance to test ourselves against the very best. I still reference our wins over Juventus and Barcelona, far more than the Leverkusen's, Kiev's, Feyenoords etc. (even though that one was amazing).