The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just now, Beren said:

Thought you managed the end of that game very well tbh. Wolves looked rudderless, struggling to get out of their half with the ball, and positively sheepish past the halfway line.

Wolves are shit though. :lol: we shouldn't be nervous heading towards the end of the game against Wolves. 

Just now, OCOCOL said:

Jesus some fkin pissy pants on here like. I’d have taken a point at Leeds all day, they’re fighting for their lives and not as bad as their position suggests. Still think we will get top 4 but even if we don’t let’s hope msn city win champs league but even if they don’t,,, it’s been a class season love thus team and manager abd we will get better and better.’

Newcastle United will never be defeated 

we will support you evermore 

Man City winning CL makes no difference does it?

Just now, OCOCOL said:

Jesus some fkin pissy pants on here like. I’d have taken a point at Leeds all day, they’re fighting for their lives and not as bad as their position suggests. Still think we will get top 4 but even if we don’t let’s hope msn city win champs league but even if they don’t,,, it’s been a class season love thus team and manager abd we will get better and better.’

They definitely are that bad. They shipped 11 goals in 2 games at home, back to back, not even long ago. They are a very very bad team 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Wolves are shit though. :lol: we shouldn't be nervous heading towards the end of the game against Wolves. 

True, but their keeper pulled off quite a few good saves, tipping the ball round the post, before you put it to bed.

Should be a fun end to the season, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

They definitely are that bad. They shipped 11 goals in 2 games at home, back to back, not even long ago. They are a very very bad team 

Midtable (~12th) on expected points but think most of that was thanks to Marsch. Allardyce is garbage but I don't think you can deny that he got a new manager bounce out of the team and fans and it wouldn't have been an easy spot to play them for anyone.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Chelsea just lost on xG against Nottingham at home. Anyone saying they'll raise their level to knock us out of top 4 is talking shite.

We have three good chances to get the two wins and even win and two draws could be enough and that's still assuming Liverpool win their remaining games which still isn't that likely.

Liverpool have 6 wins and a draw in the last 7 games with the draw being away to arsenal, beating Brentford, Fulham and West Ham in those games with 2 of their remaining 3 being Southampton and Leicester- villa bring their hardest challenge but they’ve got part harder recently.  Liverpool are used to these end of season run ins and can cope with it, in my opinion it’s very likely they won’t drop another point.

7 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Except last week ?

5 minutes ago, Pata said:

Midtable (~12th) on expected points but think most of that was thanks to Marsch. Allardyce is garbage but I don't think you can deny that he got a new manager bounce out of the team and fans and it wouldn't have been an easy spot to play them for anyone.

I don’t have the study but I’m pretty sure it’s been shown that new manager bounce is basically not a real thing. They were absolutely dirge against City, and not much better today. 

We need 6 points from 6. We always get shafted at Stamford Bridge. Chalobah on Murphy, Havertz on Burn. Yeah it's blatant but are blatant and "clear and obvious" the same? VAR will pull the same shit again.

We have to win the home games with zero room for error. Wolves had fuck all to play for and it showed. Southampton are down and have nothing to play for against Liverpool.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/soccernomics-does-sacking-manager-actually-make-difference

it’s pretty much just a side benefit of the situation, nothing to do with the manager in charge and basically a reversion. My opinion has always been that the initial upswing is purely because of a change in circumstances. No matter who you choose. 

Edited by Sempiternal

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Liverpool have 6 wins and a draw in the last 7 games with the draw being away to arsenal, beating Brentford, Fulham and West Ham in those games with 2 of their remaining 3 being Southampton and Leicester- villa bring their hardest challenge but they’ve got part harder recently.  Liverpool are used to these end of season run ins and can cope with it, in my opinion it’s very likely they won’t drop another point.

You can get over 2/1 on Liverpool winning their remaining games, if them dropping points isn't very likely you should make a hefty bet on it.

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

They were at home to Arsenal.

I think Liverpool will finish on a maximum of 69. They’re just too vulnerable at the back.

4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Much prefer the emotional types to the stat wankers mind  ?

STAT OF THE DAY:

Newcastle were awarded the same amount of penalties today as Man United have been awarded in their previous 37 league games. 

5 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I don’t have the study but I’m pretty sure it’s been shown that new manager bounce is basically not a real thing. They were absolutely dirge against City, and not much better today. 

It could be the case but IMO they were a different team to those big losses and that is down to Allardyce. They didn't create much either but were really solid defensively.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

You can get over 2/1 on Liverpool winning their remaining games, if them dropping points isn't very likely you should make a hefty bet on it.

To be honest - I’ve never won a bet in my life and that’s not an exaggerating so I might just do that.