The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

11 hours ago, duo said:

Top 4 is looking out of reach this year. Our away form just isn't good enough.

The big question is January. If Spurs or Man U buy Ivan Toney, I think that would a hammer blow to us finishing top five.

Arsenal should buy him because the league is there to be won this year.

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

The big question is January. If Spurs or Man U buy Ivan Toney, I think that would a hammer blow to us finishing top five.

Arsenal should buy him because the league is there to be won this year.

Yeah I think if Ivan Toney signs for Arsenal they’ll probably win the league. City will be really strong again next year as they were probably always going to have a bit of a treble hangover.

At this stage I think top four is very unlikely given our away form and injuries. If our injuries clear up and we have a good January we’ll be a serious team second half of the season and could go on a run. Villa are having a season like we did last year and have been lucky with injuries. That may change and they may also hit a dip in form but right now you’d say they’re nailed on for top

1 hour ago, CallumG6 said:

Top 4 I think is unlikely for us given our away form and the sheer bad luck with injuries.

Right now I'd be happy with 5th and a crack at the Carabao/FA Cup. Silverware for me is priority now that we're out of Europe.

Yeah for me, tomorrow is a huge game for us. We can make another semi-final and have a genuine shout at winning the thing. Maybe with some luck we get an easy fixture, but it will probably be Liverpool knowing the way this season has gone!

Am I right in thinking that if Liverpool don’t win the league cup, 7th is no longer good enough for Conference League?

Assuming English clubs don’t get 5th CL spot.

Its CL top 4. 
EL. 5th

FA Cup EL or 6th

LC Conference or 7th. 

We were the second best team in this comp man. 

Edited by The College Dropout

On 20/12/2023 at 09:18, The College Dropout said:

Am I right in thinking that if Liverpool don’t win the league cup, 7th is no longer good enough for Conference League?

Assuming English clubs don’t get 5th CL spot.

Its CL top 4. 
EL. 5th

FA Cup EL or 6th

LC Conference or 7th. 

We were the second best team in this comp man. 

You’d need both FA Cup finalists to finish top five for the UEFA Cup place to move to a league position

10 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Far too much season left to call anything as our fixtures in the last 2+ months are very friendly and we’ll have minimal distractions. It’s very possible we go on a big run if our injury problems subside even a bit.

Problem is how far will we be behind and can our away form improve massively by the time those favourable fixtures come in.

10 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Far too much season left to call anything as our fixtures in the last 2+ months are very friendly and we’ll have minimal distractions. It’s very possible we go on a big run if our injury problems subside even a bit.

Also we've stills hardly seen our best 11 together this season. Got to hope we get that opportunity soon.

I think when we have our players back, specifically Barnes, Willock, Joelinton and Isak, everything will be a bit easier! 

With fewer games now in the new year, we will have more rest and more rotation and our away form will pick up. The reason why our home form is still so good despite the injuries is the fans spur them on and give them that extra energy. Away doesn't happen like that. But once we have a bigger squad again, our energy will return. 

The next few years might be a bit yo yo like until we can compete properly on all 4 fronts. 

1 hour ago, Aiston said:

Problem is how far will we be behind and can our away form improve massively by the time those favourable fixtures come in.

Our away form is pretty tightly linked to both injuries and fixture congestion / fatigue and requires some context IMO.

We’ve drawn three away games we were winning in the 89th minute (riding our luck in one but also one we definitely deserved to win).

Today will be our 8th game this season where our opponents are playing with a rest advantage and 6 of those have come away from home.

There have been complaints that we don’t really have a plan B, but I’m not sure we’ll need one in the second half of the season.

I’m confident we’ll be much better away from home later in the season if we get a squad back.

Already feel like I'm just waiting for next season to begin at this point when it comes to top 4 aspirations.

Recruitment needs to be improved in the summer, and old heads need shipped out or put onto the coaching staff. 

We can still have a good season this year, but something special would have to happen to get into champs league.

I think our away form has left us with too much to do now. We'd be relying on the likes of Villa and Spurs having monumental drop offs, which I can't really see. Spurs seem to have had their wobble, and Villa look like replicating our season from last year to some degree. I won't give up hope, but we need some big changes to happen in the second half of the season and a lot of luck as well.

Its hard to say no chance with so many games left because a run of wins can change everything. We'll know more in February because January is difficult and we could be too far behind if it goes bad for us. 

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Its hard to say no chance with so many games left because a run of wins can change everything. We'll know more in February because January is difficult and we could be too far behind if it goes bad for us. 

Don't think we could beat South shields away this season though, a big chunk of the games. :lol: