The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

If Chelsea don’t win I think I’m right, but because of our massively superior goal difference, 4 points from our next 2 games does it.

Massive pressure on the game at Old Trafford now and then a difficult team to play against away. 

With our away form this season. You can’t be too confident.

Stating the obvious. But that’s a massive missed chance and a flat as fuck performance to match.   

4 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Can't see it now,Not the result we needed 

Not a total disaster, assuming Man U lose tomorrow then a win at Brentford would get us 7th regardless of the result in midweek. That said, I think we need to win both to get 6th now as Forest will be on the beach against Chelsea when it kicks off in half an hour.

Posted (edited)

Still just need a point on Wednesday to finish above Man Utd which should still be Europe. Could have been worse today. I fear for 6th though. Looking at the rest of the games you’d probably say Chelsea are slight favourite. 

Edit: assuming Arsenal beat Man Utd. 

Edited by Decky

1 minute ago, Beth said:

Not a total disaster, assuming Man U lose tomorrow then a win at Brentford would get us 7th regardless of the result in midweek. That said, I think we need to win both to get 6th now as Forest will be on the beach against Chelsea when it kicks off in half an hour.

So was Brighton, so Everything can happend. 

Two away games is the worry but let's not get carried away one way or another until after the Man Utd game. That's when to start crying if we don't win.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

We get 6th we get Europa League or Europa Conference?

Depends if Man U win the cup.

Posted (edited)

Will be gutted if we miss out. Brighton have just beaten Villa at home though and did a decent job against us today. Can’t see them not getting anything from both the Man Utd and Chelsea games at their own ground 

Edited by Vaj

Posted (edited)

Not sure why everyone is saying we need 6 points before Man United and Chelsea play this weekend tbh. Beat Man United and they're out of the race. A tall order of course but they're not upto much at present either.

Both sides have to play a decent Brighton side that we played today....away.

We'll be alreet.

Edited by Heron

6 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Just win the final 2, easy.

Or win at Old Trafford and draw at Brentford and hope Chelsea don’t win all three. 

If we do win both, and Spurs lose to Man City, then it’ll be an interesting (and Sheffield United supporting) final day. We’d get fifth on GD if Spurs lost that final game. 

If Brighton play like they did today then I can't see either Man U or Chelsea beating them at home. They seem to be a bit streaky and know exactly how to see a game out. Was really frustrating to watch the last 20 minutes today but credit to them for hanging on for a tough away point. We did it loads last season and you can't really complain when you get some of your own medicine, they're a very able team

Posted (edited)

Need to go all out on Wednesday now, none of these piss poor away performances we've seen several times this season. If Arsenal win tomorrow then a draw gets top 7 which is likely to get us Conference League with a City FA Cup win, and also keeps us in the hunt for 6th until the last day. A win and hopefully a Brighton win and we've 6th wrapped up too. 

Edited by Decky

ffs very frustrating results today

really annoying Forest couldn't get anything off Chelsea in their final home game of the season, especially after taking the lead

think Chelsea are marginal favourites for 6th now 🤮 

just can't see us bettering their results - Old Trafford always difficult likewise Brentford