The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

Manu look knackered with Palace (in top form) and Arsenal next, we control our own destiny and can only get better with injured players back in reckoning. Chelsea  have the easiest run-in but are still a couple of points behind us.

Agreed and really hope your right 

Just now, Froggy said:

No that would be pathetic.

I just spend every minute of my life on here instead.

😂 touché 

37 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

It’s a very valid shout with their recent upturn in form and their last three games being soooo easy in comparison.

I don’t see Chelsea losing a game. 9 points for them I reckon.

7 needed for us which is going to be tougher.

I think we finish 7th which is at least European competition and given our season, pretty decent overall.

6 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

I don’t see Chelsea losing a game. 9 points for them I reckon.

7 needed for us which is going to be tougher.

I think we finish 7th which is at least European competition and given our season, pretty decent overall.

Not if Man Utd win the FA Cup and Chelsea finish 6th 

1 hour ago, buzza said:

Manu look knackered with Palace (in top form) and Arsenal next, we control our own destiny and can only get better with injured players back in reckoning. Chelsea  have the easiest run-in but are still a couple of points behind us.

I don't think Chelsea, or Man U for that matter, will find their visit to Brighton is a nailed on 3 points. Ask Villa how they got on just yesterday.

Posted (edited)

I fancy Man Utd to drop points today but I still think we'll need to at least avoid defeat at Old Trafford as I can't see us winning all of our last 3 given how unpredictable we have been away from home all season in terms of level of performance.

Chelsea are a worry as well. Hoping that Forest will put up a performance in their final home game of the season against them as if Chelsea drop points in just 1 of their remaining 3 I can't see them catching us.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I fancy Man Utd to drop points today but I still think we'll need to at least avoid defeat at Old Trafford as I can't see us winning all of our last 3 given how unpredictable we have been away from home all season in terms of level of performance.

Chelsea are a worry as well. Hoping that Forest will put up a performance in their final home game of the season against them as if Chelsea drop points in just 1 of their remaining 3 I can't see them catching us.

The thing that gives me confidence with regards to our away record is that in 24 it's not been that bad. Won 4/7 with losses to Arsenal, Palace, and painfully now Chelsea. 

We've just been and battered a team away from home and I suspect the players will be well up for the Man Utd game. 

I don't think Chelsea's run in is as easy as a few seems to be making out, Forest and Brighton (A) are difficuly games. The only 1 i'd say they big favourites for is Bournemouth (H). 

Fair enough we have the toughest looking game on paper Man U (A), but I think the way we play makes that a bit easier than it looks, especially if they have no CBs against Isak

13 minutes ago, Cf said:

The thing that gives me confidence with regards to our away record is that in 24 it's not been that bad. Won 4/7 with losses to Arsenal, Palace, and painfully now Chelsea. 

We've just been and battered a team away from home and I suspect the players will be well up for the Man Utd game. 

Who hopefully will be further demoralised after tonight! 

Posted (edited)

Ten Hag: "For over 10 years I am managing, I never was so many injury issues". "Now, in some positions, we don’t have choices. In the left-back position, Shaw has had only 15 stars this season and Tyrell Malacia has zero starts and is not even available".

[emoji38] Sure, their current defence situation is crazy. If he is talking about that specifically, then I can understand. But if he is talking about the amount of injuries and absence days thoughout the season, they barely make top 3. Might not even make top 3, as Chelsea, Sheffield and Brentford has also had huge problems. We are way way ahead of them, and they won't catch up with us on that.

Edited by Erikse

I get some serious Pardew-type vibes from these quotes.

“What concerns me is that in 18 months I have never had my favourite team on the pitch once, because players were injured – that concerns me. In fact there was only one time, against City at home last season. That is the only time I had a full squad to pick my full team.”

“In all the other games there was an injury aspect that we have had to deal with. “That’s normal in football, but not as many as we have had. And I know that when we’ve had so many injuries in crucial key positions, you can’t deliver the results you want to bring. That’s OK, but that’s my truth – others can have different truths but I can’t put any energy into that.”

9b8facfb-6d67-45ab-a6a6-fbbeaba42fce_tex

3 hours ago, M1tche said:

I don't think Chelsea's run in is as easy as a few seems to be making out, Forest and Brighton (A) are difficuly games. The only 1 i'd say they big favourites for is Bournemouth (H). 

Fair enough we have the toughest looking game on paper Man U (A), but I think the way we play makes that a bit easier than it looks, especially if they have no CBs against Isak

For all the talk about our shocking away form, Chelsea only have three more points than we do away from home (20 vs 17) and Bournemouth (who Chelsea play at Stamford Bridge) have more points away from home than both of us.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

For all the talk about our shocking away form, Chelsea only have three more points than we do away from home (20 vs 17) and Bournemouth (who Chelsea play at Stamford Bridge) have more points away from home than both of us.

It's also worth noting that the most games they've won in a row so far this season is three. They're on a 2-game streak currently and they won two in a row early in the season but that's it. 

Posted (edited)

How many points is this manure team likely to get from:

Arsenal home

NUFC home

Brighton away

Edited by Karjala

Just now, cubaricho said:

And that Chelsea don't win out.

Chelsea could finish 6th, it wouldn't matter as long as manure don't win the FA Cup.