The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I forgot Tottenham has such a good start to the season, 5 wins and 2 draws from their first 7 (so would have been a huge 9 points clear of us at that early stage with us only on 8 points), they then lost to Arsenal, but won at Brighton and beat Everton, so after 10 games, they had 7 wins and 23 points (2.3 PPG), which is a fantastic return, but in their last 19 league games they have W8 D3 L8, so only 27 points and a PPG of 1.42 - they got nearly the same points tally in their first 10 than they have in their last 19. They also lost to Forest in the League Cup, Sheff Utd in the FA Cup and limped out of the CL in that same period, so it's been pretty average stuff basically since we beat them in late October.

I'm generally pessimistic when it comes to NUFC, always said I'd be very happy with 6th and never really let myself believe we could get 4th, but if you were looking at it from a neutral perspective then it obviously looks very good for us at the moment. It'll probably come back to bite, but it's sort of the first time that I'm thinking we will get there. A potentially tricky match out of the way last night, just 10 to go, and some winnable games in there.

With GD, which wasn't harmed at all last night, it will possibly just take 16 more points from the last 10 (as long as the GD is at left maintained). 5W and a D, 4W and 4D etc. 

We don't need to worry too much about other teams.

We are almost fully fit. In good form. Confidence is high. Creating chances. Scoring goals. Strikers scoring. Keeping it tight.

We just need to maintain down the final stretch.  5-6 wins and keep the losses down to 2 or 3 and we're probably 3rd let alone 4th.

In the last 10 we just need to keep it up like we've done all season.

Next 3 games are vital. I’m always quite negative but 2 wins in our next 3 and it’s ours to lose going forward (if it isn’t already). Brentford, Villa and Tottenham are tough, tough fixtures back-to-back.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I’m more worried about injuries and suspensions than other teams. 

We should never forget that a hamstring for Trippier and a broken foot for Bruno could radically alter our season.

4 minutes ago, 80 said:

We should never forget that a hamstring for Trippier and a broken foot for Bruno could radically alter our season.

As we are + Miggy. We are a very good team with talent, composure, work rate etc. in all areas. We have everything right now. But we are only 2 or 3 injuries to the wrong players from being fairly average.

If we keep everyone fit. I've no doubt we'll finish top 4. 

I said some time ago. We needed a strong finish from ASM & Isak and they've started to show that. 

IMO Trippier and Bruno are our only irreplaceable players and injuries to them could derail the season. We should be able to handle injuries to any other players.

Edited by Pata

Even Trippier we might be able to get by. Totally different side without Bruno. 

6 games without - 2 losses and 4 draws

Only loss PL loss with him this season is away to City. 

In fact, we’ve only ever lost 5 league games he’s started and two of them were his first two. [emoji38]

I'm getting a Wigan away vibes from one of our away matches, man. Brentford, Villa, Everon, Leeds. Can't seem to shake off the feeling. Can still remember how pissed off I was after that match.

Edited by nufcjb

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

I'm getting a Wigan away vibes from one of away matches, man. Can't seem to shake off the feeling. Can still remember how pissed off I was after that match.

I don’t think this team is capable of Wigan away. 

5 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Smoke and mirrors in large parts largely down to career best form from Ba and then Cisse that covered the entire season.

I was watching a you tube video of Cisse's goals that season. Twelve goals not one tap in, can't remember anybody scoring so many outstanding goals in such a short period.

6 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Smoke and mirrors in large parts largely down to career best form from Ba and then Cisse that covered the entire season.

Nah everyone pulled in the same direction. Confidence. Belief. Some quality in key positions s.  Outside of Cisse we scored some great goals. 

but this team is legit better

8 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I'm getting a Wigan away vibes from one of our away matches, man. Brentford, Villa, Everon, Leeds. Can't seem to shake off the feeling. Can still remember how pissed off I was after that match.

Every team usually gets humped once a season. We’ve yet to but always possible. Have a bad feeling for Villa/Chelsea away. On the other hand this is the best back five I’ve known us have.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Every team usually gets humped once a season. We’ve yet to but always possible. Have a bad feeling for Villa/Chelsea away. On the other hand this is the best back five I’ve known us have.

I would have been so confident of a top 4 finish with our back 5 from that ridiculous clean sheet run we had. Ever since then though, I've shit bricks everytime Botman plays a pass forward or when Pope receives the ball at his feet.

Get pass Brentford, Villa and Everton unharmed, I guess we should almost be there. Leeds away looks tough too but think we can outscore them there.

Edited by nufcjb

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Nah everyone pulled in the same direction. Confidence. Belief. Some quality in key positions s.  Outside of Cisse we scored some great goals. 

but this team is legit better

It still had some of the togetherness and leadership from promotion / Hughton and some great buys by Carr like Cabaye and HBA, plus the ridiculous scoring form of the two forwards. The smoke and mirrors part refers to Pardew. I refuse to give him any credit.

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

It still had some of the togetherness and leadership from promotion / Hughton and some great buys by Carr like Cabaye and HBA, plus the ridiculous scoring form of the two forwards. The smoke and mirrors part refers to Pardew. I refuse to give him any credit.

Right. He did well to keep things going. He was great at maintaining a vibe. Whether that vibe was good or awful it would stay for some time. 

Edited by The College Dropout

19 minutes ago, sampokong said:

Just so you know:

If we win tomorrow, Spurs and Brighton draw, then Liverpool lose to Arsenal.... the top 4 is done. Nobody is catching us then

That can't be right surely, with Brighton's remaining games they could get  33 points