The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Yeah and they will absolutely try that again, dyche will be looking to get into a fight and we need to avoid that at all costs. Yeah I watched their game against a Fulham team who really don’t have a lot to play for and they were really bad 

I don't know how they are or will be for injuries by the time our game comes around next Thursday but assuming we're all fine as well and we play the match and not the occasion we'll put them away.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Watched Everton v Spurs recently and they still have a habit in those evening home games of turning the game into a scrap.

I agree but that Spurs game is the only evening home match they've taken a point from all season. And Spurs were a disgrace that night, yet were 2 minutes from winning it.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I agree but that Spurs game is the only evening home match they've taken a point from all season. And Spurs were a disgrace that night, yet were 2 minutes from winning it.

As I said earlier, leaving Gordon out the squad might be advisable to stop the crowd.

42 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

The average league position of our opponents is 12.

Man Utd 10.1

Brighton 8.4

Spurs 8.2

Villa. 7.8

Going off stats we have the easiest run in.

Hmmmm, slightly iffy logic (mathematically if nothing else), but let’s run with it. We’ll piss it.

We definitely have the easier run in with 4 teams in the bottom 5, 3 points more and a game in hand on the closest to us, plus goal difference.

Newcastle (8 games left) 56 pts

TOT (H), EVE (A), SOU (H), ARS (H), LEE (A), LEI (H), CHE (A), BHA (H).

Spurs play 5 teams in the top half. Don't fancy them, but the way they got away with it this season who knows, but they will be dropping points.

Tottenham (7 games left) 53 pts

NEW (A), MAN U (H), LIV (A), CRY (H), AST (A), BRE (H), LEE (A).

Villa with a hard run in, 6 in the top half probably ends up preventing top 4, but good chance at Europa.

Aston Villa (7 games left) 50 pts

BRE (A), FUL (H), MAN U (A), WOL (A), TOT (H), LIV (A), BHA (H)

Extra game on us but 7 points behind, and still to play 5 of the top 6, 3 of of those away. Very hard run in.

Brighton (9 games left) 49 Pts

NOT (A), WOL (H), MAN U (H), EVE (H), ARS (A), SOU (H), AST (A), NEW (A) MAN C (H).

Basically everything in our favour, and for me will depend massively on what happens in next game, so we can push on and pick up the wins against the teams we 'should' be beating.

6 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

We definitely have the easier run in with 4 teams in the bottom 5, 3 points more and a game in hand on the closest to us, plus goal difference.

Newcastle (8 games left) 56 pts

TOT (H), EVE (A), SOU (H), ARS (H), LEE (A), LEI (H), CHE (A), BHA (H).

Spurs play 5 teams in the top half. Don't fancy them, but the way they got away with it this season who knows, but they will be dropping points.

Tottenham (7 games left) 53 pts

NEW (A), MAN U (H), LIV (A), CRY (H), AST (A), BRE (H), LEE (A).

Villa with a hard run in, 6 in the top half probably ends up preventing top 4, but good chance at Europa.

Aston Villa (7 games left) 50 pts

BRE (A), FUL (H), MAN U (A), WOL (A), TOT (H), LIV (A), BHA (H)

Extra game on us but 7 points behind, and still to play 5 of the top 6, 3 of of those away. Very hard run in.

Brighton (9 games left) 49 Pts

NOT (A), WOL (H), MAN U (H), EVE (H), ARS (A), SOU (H), AST (A), NEW (A) MAN C (H).

Basically everything in our favour, and for me will depend massively on what happens in next game, so we can push on and pick up the wins against the teams we 'should' be beating.

We have such an easy run in. 5 home games with only Arsenal in top form, and even they are starting to slip up lately.

Just now, Displayname said:

We have such an easy run in. 5 home games with only Arsenal in top form, and even they are starting to slip up lately.

I wouldn’t class any of our remaining games as easy. All away games are tricky against teams battling for points. The home games are against decent teams. We just need to continue our points per game ratio and we’ll be fine.

8 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I wouldn’t class any of our remaining games as easy. All away games are tricky against teams battling for points. The home games are against decent teams. We just need to continue our points per game ratio and we’ll be fine.

Southampton home easy

Leicester home easy (may already be relegated even)

The rest are very much winnable.

Leeds away may be tough if they still risk relegation, Everton away tough, but Chelsea will have nothing to play for.

It should be remembered that in that game at Everton last season we were much the better team and should really have won.

Yes, their crowd were quite raucous but the only real effect on the game came when that knacker tied himself to the post.

A little funfact.

With the expection of 3 wins, in their last 10 games Southampton, Leicester, Everton, Leeds and Chelsea have only won against eachother.

3 wins in 36 games, not one of them against a top 8 team.

Edited by Displayname

Everton’s crowd was excellent last season during the final run in.  By all accounts it’s nowhere near this season. I genuinely think they thought they got away with it last season and it wouldn’t be like that again

Edited by Andy84

18 minutes ago, SteV said:

It should be remembered that in that game at Everton last season we were much the better team and should really have won.

Yes, their crowd were quite raucous but the only real effect on the game came when that knacker tied himself to the post.

Posted just before that we managed the 2nd half really badly that night. Should probably have scored in the first half, but we then don't create anything 2nd half and they go down to 10 men in like the 80th minute when there was going to be like 15 minutes of stoppage time yet they were the ones that nicked it.

We're a far better side now though, so fingers crossed. I'm going n'al. :lol:

The Everton game is oof territory for me. Keep saying this about us, but we tried so hard to win we made ourselves lose there last season. I'm bracing for that game to be as ugly as can be this year.

44 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yesterday pretty much secured Man U to finish top 4 like. I know they have cups to contend with but they'll win 3 out of 8 at least and that's likely to be all it needs. 

Do you think we can win 4 of our last 8?

You have to look at them fixture’s especially the home games and expect 9 points minimum really , Southampton and Leicester are woeful and have done nothing that suggests they can come here and sit back and get a 0-0. Spurs look worse every week. I would back us to get 3 points at least from the away games along with Brighton and Arsenal at home . If we can’t do that then we don’t deserve top 4.

Edited by Geogaddi