Anthony Gordon

Jack27

4 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Is there so little else to discuss that we are still talking about this. Let's move on....who would be our perfect draw for the group stages of UCL? :shifty:O0

Bayern and AC Milan (if they qualify).  I’d want teams we haven’t played before. 

15 minutes ago, OCK said:

Look at the rift this clown has caused on Newcastle-Online! GET HIM OOT

He may as well have flung all our arms off our keyboards and smartphones while browsing this thread. It feels like an attack on us all.

5 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Have discussed this with those I go to games with in the pub funnily enough. :lol:

CL groups because of the seeding tend to be 1 very good team, 2 decent teams and 1 whipping boy, ie Bayern, Newcastle, Marseille and Viktoria Plzen. We'd probably be aiming to finish 2nd in that. Maybe get 1 point from Bayern at home, 4 points from Marseille and 6 points from Plzen. If only it was that simple. :lol:

But ideally you want 3 sides you've got a good chance of beating to get to the knockouts. SJP is going to be mental from matchday 1 of the group stages and even more mental for a 2 legged knockout CL tie. Teams won't relish drawing us imo.

Surely we would be a 4th seed if we got there? 

Just now, lovejoy said:

definitely.

we'll be seeded as said 'whipping boys'.

Fine with me I’d want as many big name teams as possible first time out 

Getting there is a long way away still though 

Just now, Ace said:

Fine with me I’d want as many big name teams as possible first time out 

Getting there is a long way away still though 

agree on all of that.

Don't think we'd be anyones 'whipping boys', just meant more thats how we'd be seeded in line with the example given.

Lets get there first though, long way off yet as you say.

19 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Sorry, isn't it even more snowflake-y to worry about perceived slights to 'fans expectations'?  Nowt screams privilege more than getting upset because a footballer was mildly irritated about being subbed.  Even if the person has been to war.

Don't mention the war. I think I mentioned it once and got away with it.

2 & 3...well.... :lol: bit of a stretch aren't they?

He can mature and develop, but he's shown nothing to say he's better than ASM & Almiron neither while at Everton or for us at the moment.