Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, those are pretty poor from TCD. Was too matter of fact about the guy at the time I thought.

Guessing he’s posted stuff about me? I’ve blocked him.  

I didn’t rate Gordon. But I’ve always said he has some good attributes. My view of him at the time was based on what I had seen. I’ve given him credit for his performances this season. I still have doubts about his quality at the highest level. But he was tremendous today and he’s been our best attacker this season. His game is developing well. 

Reminds me a bit of an old school Fergie winger. Physically he has the potential to be immense quick, good size , improving stamina. Mentally he’s often super sharp. Great work rate. Tenacious. Quick thinking.  He strikes it well, both feet. He’s starting to put it together. Causing defenders real trouble off the dribble.  He’ll have harder opposition but I liked his mentality today a lot. He really wanted his goal. And he fought for his assist. The way he thought and fought for the penalty last week with quick thinking.

Hes the first attacking name on the sheet atm. Thought he was unlucky not to start. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He really wanted his goal. And he fought for his assist. The way he thought and fought for the penalty last week with quick thinking.

I think this is it for me, he has so much hunger seemingly every time he's on the pitch. His pace and directness is going to be huge in getting those goals we had been lacking from our wingers without Miggy. He showed it in his limited minutes last year tbf but he was always going need time to condition and understand. He's come from a pretty closed minded "fight" mentality under Frank et al at Everton, in to a fight and be smart mentality here. He's been given lots more thinking to do whilst keeping the intensity (and maybe channelling it better) and he's handled it brilliantly in a short space of time imo. Yes there are parts to his game he doesn't have yet, but his basics are very good. Pace, strength, directness, shooting ability (more shown for U21s but starting to show it here now too), 2 footedness. He also seems more of a team player now already and for a 22 year old it's an impressive improvement in not very long. 

Price tag for a young U21 international might have been a bit English premium, but I think when you look at someone like MGW as well you understand why. MGW has had more time but I have every confidence Gordon will justify that initially seemingly inflated price tag as well as he has.

@Maineblue you were right, not only with the goal, but his performance overall. The kid is alright!

I’m so happy for Gordon, he’s taken his opportunity here and built on his raw talent. Loved him gan radge first half on that challenge on Longstaff resulting in the yellow. Trips had to tell him to back off. :lol:

37 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

While the posts about his looks were bad crack, I don’t think it’s fair to have a go at those who thought he would be a bad signing at the time.  All just opinion, and we’ve all been wrong before.

(I’ll just add here that I wasn’t one of them :))

Aye. I keep it about football. If my genuine thoughts on football offends you, there’s something wrong with you. I’ve not insulted anyone.