Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, Aiston said:

Some cracking runs from him and build up play.

His finishing needs a lot of work though, should have scored 2 or 3 :lol:

Haven’t seen any end product from him yet, apart from that through ball in the states.

Think it’s in his locker though and will hopefully come in time.

We are starting to see what an intelligent player he is with his movement off the ball.

There was a feeling when he played for Everton that he was a head down and run type player but he has so much more to his game than that.

He's a livewire for sure, and we've seen some really positive signs over the Euros/pre-season. Today though his decision making in the final third was lacking too many times. Don't think that he is someone we can depend on in terms of end product right now, in terms of a position in the starting XI, IMO. 

I think that Howe might well start the season with him on the LW ahead of Barnes however, and I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong. 

Edited by Barnes23

8 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

More than happy to be proved wrong on this, but I don't think he has the intelligence or the composure to be a top class footballer.

Think it'll come in time. I imagine he'll be a different kind player in three or four years.

9 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

but I don't think he has the intelligence or the composure to be a top class footballer.

Looking forward to the day you are more than happy then.

The young lad named 2023 Under-21 EURO Player of the Tournament has plenty time to change your mind.

On 28/07/2023 at 08:32, LV said:

The kid has been here for half a season and has still been bedding into our style.

Way too early to be asking questions of either him or the club.

This questioning of him is all really weird and I wasn’t even a particular huge fan of having him here because I didn’t like his character when he played against us.

I think he’s starting to look really good for us. 

And WILL get better :indi:

4 minutes ago, pubteam said:

I think he showed massive improvements from last season, he's getting in the right spots and as others have mentioned he's developing an understanding with Isak.

Exactly.

Finishing isn’t quite coming off yet but he’s getting in the right positions. 

Once he starts scoring I think he’ll continue 

16 minutes ago, Viana said:

If he calms hisself he’ll get 10 a season.

He’s desperate to deliver for us. The lads incredibly sensitive too. Fans and manager behind him, once he settles he’ll fly for us I’m sure. Eddies been tracking him for some time now. We put up with Miggy and Murphy failing to deliver for some time, now look at them. Trust the process. He just needs work and confidence. I’ve always believed in him but the requirements for instant performance is unrealistic at times. We are in good hands. Happy daze :indi:

53 minutes ago, Sean said:

If he can get his end product right he could be frightening.

Fine margins, like Miggy a few years ago and Willock. Could be absolutely HUGE players for us with a bit of luck, confidence and work on finishing. I remember all the talk of the training pitch was how amazing a finisher Joelinton was for the first year or so he came here. Sometimes you just need a bit of luck to get you going. That, or we are going to see Willock converted to a world class CB and Gordon a LB. Trust.In.The.Howe.