Anthony Gordon

3 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Ruined it by mentioning a trophy

Win a trophy? Just how long is this contract? He'll  still be playing for us when he's about 60 and still might not have won one. Just the pessimism the club have instilled in me over the decades I'm afraid.

21 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Win a trophy? Just how long is this contract? He'll  still be playing for us when he's about 60 and still might not have won one. Just the pessimism the club have instilled in me over the decades I'm afraid.

I'm 37 and I've genuinely resigned myself to never seeing us win anything of note [emoji38]

We could play Rotherham in the League Cup final and we'd somehow manage to fuck it up.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'm 37 and I've genuinely resigned myself to never seeing us win anything of note [emoji38]

We could play Rotherham in the League Cup final and we'd somehow manage to fuck it up.

I'm 42. Like you I've seen my club play in 3 major finals and my Country play in 2 major finals and not seen a single trophy lifted [emoji38]

Complete pisstake.

Great news. Good to see him smiling like himself again. I'm unavoidably a bit paranoid about the details, but have to give credit to all for getting it done i.e. Mitchell included. 

Let's just get these results sorted out and have more good content like this.

2 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

I'm 42. Like you I've seen my club play in 3 major finals and my Country play in 2 major finals and not seen a single trophy lifted [emoji38]

Complete pisstake.

48 and i got into cricket in the 90s so i'd have something i could talk to my Dad about [emoji38] So at least i've seen us win the Ashes and the One Day WC and shit.

13 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Good to know Gordon has more positivity about the team and the manager than much of this board. 

Almost as though a fair chunk on here enjoy talking negative shite

Also that video :aww:

Edited by Fezzle

6 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Almost as though a fair chunk on here enjoy talking negative shite

Also that video :aww:

You can always engage with those you disagree with instead of dismissing points raised as negative shite. 

I think @HaydnNUFCin particular has written some excellent posts about his concerns. Things don't have to be tribal. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You can always engage with those you disagree with instead of dismissing points raised as negative shite. 

I think @HaydnNUFCin particular has written some excellent posts about his concerns. Things don't have to be tribal. 

That sounds like a good idea in theory but I've made several posts highlighting the ridiculousness of several posters who have continually blamed Howe for everything from injuries to transfer policy, the same people were doing the same thing the season we finished 4th.

These cowards start their posts with "I'm supportive of Howe but..." and then carry on with all the reasons they aren't supportive. :lol:

It's the easiest thing in the world to be the most negative cunt in the room. It would be like me spending the last 4 days talking about the subs I didn't agree with on Saturday, and what? What would be the point?

He's still the best manager since SBR and I've yet to hear one viable alternative.

There's people who talk like (I'm convinced believe) they know more about this game than Eddie Howe. They don't. I suppose that's fine because it's a football forum and we are hear to chat, right? What would be the point otherwise? Well I guess there is a way of doing it that doesn't sound so mental.

15 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Im not addressing some peoples relentless crap, thats what ignore is for. Also why my participation in the football section is very limited now, to the point i stayed away for nearly a month. Also 'concerns' like Haydens are literally the oposite of what i commented on, but you knew that already.....

1 minute ago, STM said:

That sounds like a good idea in theory but I've made several posts highlighting the ridiculousness of several posters who have continually blamed Howe for everything from injuries to transfer policy, the same people were doing the same thing the season we finished 4th.

These cowards start their posts with "I'm supportive of Howe but..." and then carry on with all the reasons they aren't supportive. :lol:

It's the easiest thing in the world to be the most negative cunt in the room. It would be like me spending the last 4 days talking about the subs I didn't agree with on Saturday, and what? What would be the point?

He's still the best manager since SBR and I've yet to hear one viable alternative.

There's people who talk like (I'm convinced believe) they know more about this game than Eddie Howe. They don't. I suppose that's fine because it's a football forum and we are hear to chat, right? What would be the point otherwise? Well I guess there is a way of doing it that doesn't sound so mental.

Said it better than me, will stick to chat until we do the quadruple. At least most will then be happy :lol:

Just now, Fezzle said:

Im not addressing some peoples relentless crap, thats what ignore is for. Also why my participation in the football section is very limited now, to the point i stayed away for nearly a month. Also 'concerns' like Haydens are literally the oposite of what i commented on, but you knew that already.....

The forum is losing more and more of its more balanced members, who are fed up with the relentless drivel coming from certain people. We've even had a couple delete their accounts. It's a shame because the admins do a really good job but they can't choose who comes in.

1 minute ago, STM said:

In my experience of this place, those posters don't tend to last long as they generally aren't sincere. Sincere posters generally have nuanced opinions. 

it is possible to be supportive of someone whilst questioning someone's decision making too, of course Eddie knows more about football than any posters but this forum exists to promote discussion of all things NUFC and despite Eddie's superior knowledge he will still get things wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Absolutely if you feel a certain poster talks nothing but drivel or trolls just stick them on ignore and move on. Things can certainly get emotional at times on here with knee jerk reactions aplenty but the thought of being driven off this section because I disagree with someone's views on football is beyond me.