Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Dokko said:

Swap 6 & 4. I just can't get away with anything else. I know for the majority I'm wrong, but don't give a fuck. It's numerically correct and that's all that matters 😂

[emoji38] Not a chance! 5 and 6 is your centre back pairing. Glenn Roeder in a 4 and David McCreery in a 6 would have just been wrong. :harry:

Just now, reefatoon said:

[emoji38] Not a chance! 5 and 6 is your centre back pairing. Glenn Roeder in a 4 and David McCreery in a 6 would have just been wrong. :harry:

I understand what you're saying, I judt can't let it happen. 🙈 my brain outright rejects it time again. I've had this internal battle with FM for 25 years, it's not going to change now. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I understand what you're saying, I judt can't let it happen. 🙈 my brain outright rejects it time again. I've had this internal battle with FM for 25 years, it's not going to change now. 

Anyone who thinks number 6 is the holding midfielders number should be made to sign the register.

Edited by Beth

Guest reefatoon

Proper pet hate when people wear numbers in the wrong positions like (the squad numbering did get rid of it all like). Think one of the reasons I jacked in playing, apart from the shit knackered knees was when some crazy cunt playing left wing would grab my number 4 shirt. Too many nut jobs man. Crazy bastards.

10 minutes ago, Beth said:

Anyone who thinks number 6 is the holding midfielders number should be made to sign the register.

Numerically 

Ordered

Numbers &

Coping

Enterprise

Register?

Guest reefatoon
31 minutes ago, Dokko said:

[emoji38] With this format of yours that would mean your strikers are 10 and 11.

image.gif.8460c67431299519ee39bfc70f528f26.gif

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

[emoji38] With this format of yours that would mean your strikers are 10 and 11.

image.gif.8460c67431299519ee39bfc70f528f26.gif

1 striker and it's always a 9. That I've never had an issue with. Idk. Back 4 not organised fills me.full of dread. You.csn be more creative upfront, but at the back the numbers need to be in order, just like the defence. 

I'll stop now. 🤪

Goalkeeper

Right back                                     Left back

Right half                              Centre half                                  Left half

Inside right                                   Inside left

Outside right                         Centre forward                           Outside left

:cool:              

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

14 was started by Cruyff right? Or did he wear it because someone he idolised wore it? 

Just reading it now, at Ajax his teammate couldn't find his number 7 shirt so Cruyff gave him his number 9 shirt and picked out a spare which just so happened to be 14. They won the match and he kept the number. 

Henry wanted 12 at Arsenal but couldn't get it so went with 14. 

Both of them making the number iconic was pure luck. For me it's all about Ginola though, it was a meaningless number until I loved him. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Both of them making the number iconic was pure luck. For me it's all about Ginola though, it was a meaningless number until I loved him.

Same. I'd just turned 12 the season Ginola joined and, whilst I'd likely heard the name 'Cruyff' before I didn't really understand his significance till I was a little older. David Ginola in that hooped away top sporting the number 14? *chefs kiss*

the thing about cruyff's 14 that amazes me is, given that squad numbers hadn't been invented, and given that dutch culture wasn't particularly given to non-conformity, neither a coach or a referee told him to stop fucking about and put a starting players number on his back.

5 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Howe doesn't usually throw people in.  We are very reliant on being a cohesive team, with everyone knowing the team orders.  I'd be surprised to see Gordon in the starting 11.

Circumstances depending, he had Isak in the starting lineup before he'd even had a full training session.

8 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I had a massive punch up on field with a lad who had fouled me the entire match. I decided I was just gonna chop him down, he got up and we got into a fight.

He’s a really good friend now.

I can't tell you how often I've seen that sort of thing happen with teammates. Always end up being really good friends :lol:

9 hours ago, reefatoon said:

They have always been weirdos.

image.thumb.jpeg.498432d2a224da6975c7214bac54e5a3.jpeg

This is what it should be and anyone trying to change it should be on some register. Oddballs.

Champ man used to go 2-11 from right to left, back to front, as the default numbering.  Always used to make sure I moved the players around until the correct numbering you’ve got there was in place.

It’s all a bit daft of course, as the numbering is based upon the old standard 2-3-5 formation which was already being replaced with W-M by the time numbers were becoming a thing.  So from almost day one the numbers weren’t logical.

Despite that, a ‘number 6’ is the left-sided centre half.  Don’t ever dare call a DM a ‘number 6’ in my presence or I’ll … probably frown a bit.  Mebbes correct you if I know you. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle