Anthony Gordon

Jack27

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Schar has been out player of the year so far this season, I'll die on that hill.

It's mad to think, in this day and age of clubs paying obscene fees for players, that realistically a few thousand fans could have clubbed together to pay this bloke's transfer fee. 3M. 3M when you've got clumsy tripe like Maguire going for over 25 times that amount.

20 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Honestly fancy that Schar has needed convincing and still carries a bit of a grudge.  PR overdrive getting this quote out.  Club is so good at it now.

You're just making stuff up in your head.

I'd wager that Schar is just stating it how it is.

Holds a grudge and needed convincing, for goodness sake man. My God :lol:

It was a comment with a bit of needle by Schar, so I just reckon he'll just need a bit of time to soften up to Gordon.  That's all.  Hardly a wild theory :lol: 

I also said a "bit of a grudge" and you've just exaggerated that to a grudge.  

My God :lol:  

42 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

It was a comment with a bit of needle by Schar, so I just reckon he'll just need a bit of time to soften up to Gordon.  That's all.  Hardly a wild theory :lol: 

I also said a "bit of a grudge" and you've just exaggerated that to a grudge.  

My God :lol:  

You have clearly never competed in any sport man :lol:

Do you have any idea how often that sort of thing even happens between team mates at practice/training?! :lol:

How long ago was that match even? You really think he's still caught up on that moment? Even though he himself said it was no big deal? I think that's ridiculous!

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Howe doesn't usually throw people in.  We are very reliant on being a cohesive team, with everyone knowing the team orders.  I'd be surprised to see Gordon in the starting 11.

Agree, however it’s more likely with someone who we get with prem experience so it wouldn’t be a huge surprise either way.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Agree, however it’s more likely with someone who we get with prem experience so it wouldn’t be a huge surprise either way.

Yeah. IIRC Wood, Burn, Targett, Pope and Trippier were all straight into the starting lineup. Bruno and Botman had to wait a bit longer. 

Although they were all much more experienced than Gordon, not sure yet but I think Gordon may be seen as a player Howe wants to develop over time and ease him in slowly. 

Edited by Joey47

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Jordan said:

The traditionalist in me can’t handle a winger being number 8 :lol:

[emoji38] Same when people call a midfielder a number 6. Fucking disgusting [emoji38]

Guest reefatoon
7 minutes ago, madras said:

Liverpool in the 70s would've have fucked with you.

They have always been weirdos.

image.thumb.jpeg.498432d2a224da6975c7214bac54e5a3.jpeg

This is what it should be and anyone trying to change it should be on some register. Oddballs.

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

You have clearly never competed in any sport man :lol:

Do you have any idea how often that sort of thing even happens between team mates at practice/training?! :lol:

How long ago was that match even? You really think he's still caught up on that moment? Even though he himself said it was no big deal? I think that's ridiculous!

I had a massive punch up on field with a lad who had fouled me the entire match. I decided I was just gonna chop him down, he got up and we got into a fight.

He’s a really good friend now.

7 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

They have always been weirdos.

image.thumb.jpeg.498432d2a224da6975c7214bac54e5a3.jpeg

This is what it should be and anyone trying to change it should be on some register. Oddballs.

Swap 6 & 4. I just can't get away with anything else. I know for the majority I'm wrong, but don't give a fuck. It's numerically correct and that's all that matters 😂

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Maybe they consider Gordon as much an AM as a winger? Or he considers himself that.

I think that Eddie´s plan is Gordon can play on the wing and also the same kind of role in the middle that Willock does. Maybe that´s why there was not any panic buys/loans for midfielders?

Maybe the number tells that also.