Anthony Gordon

Jack27

5 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

I can understand doubting his ability/character based on his time at Everton, but what I didn’t understand at the time was the lack of faith in Howe’s judgement/coaching. He’d already turned around the careers of players who looked useless here.

Aye, we could sign Pickford now and as long as Eddie’s enthused about it, I’d probably come round.

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Do we reckon he celebrates if he scores on Thursday? Something understated or knee slide in front of the Gladys end with his finger to his lips? 

Understated unless they absolutely go for him in the home end. If they’re him dog’s abuse then he’ll be knee sliding if he gets on the scoresheet 

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Do we reckon he celebrates if he scores on Thursday? Something understated or knee slide in front of the Gladys end with his finger to his lips? 

I think he does a somewhat muted celebration regardless. Eddie will have had a word with him about character and integrity.

That being said, if the crowd are giving it to him, I am sure he’d love a snide little look for the cameras tucked away if he does score. He’s still a scouser. :lol:

17 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I would expect nothing less than jumping, screaming, punching the air, kissing the badge and sticking a toffee up his arse and farting a massive bubble through it until it pops.

11 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I still cannot comprehend why they effectively chased him out of their club :lol:

He looked a fair bit worse being managed by Lampard than he does under Howe tbf. Still, I hope he bags a hatteick for all the awful toxic scousers who harassed him outside their ground.

I reckon we'll still get a little badge tap if he scores at Goodison. Think he's got his head screwed on now that he'll handle whatever they throw at him and treat it like another game.

Don't know what their problem is anyway. They wanted him out and he went, leaving them a good wedge of cash to not go under just yet. They should be grateful. :aww:

Just now, wormy said:

I reckon we'll still get a little badge tap if he scores at Goodison. Think he's got his head screwed on now that he'll handle whatever they throw at him and treat it like another game.

Don't know what their problem is anyway. They wanted him out and he went, leaving them a good wedge of cash to not go under just yet. They should be grateful. :aww:

A very good point.

On 02/12/2023 at 15:11, 54 said:

I actually don't think it was his best game today, but he's got the lovely knack of being in the right place at the right time, long may it continue. 

Totally agree with this. And one of my favorite things about the goal, to back up your right place right time, is if you watch the highlights closely, as soon as Bruno moves to make the pass to Tripps, Gordon gets on his bike immediately which is what puts him in that spot on the far post. Love it.

Just now, cubaricho said:

Totally agree with this. And one of my favorite things about the goal, to back up your right place right time, is if you watch the highlights closely, as soon as Bruno moves to make the pass to Tripps, Gordon gets on his bike immediately which is what puts him in that spot on the far post. Love it.

I saw that too, he made an immediate run. Completely onside and a clean shot at an open mostly open net.

If he's sensible he'll not do any celebrating unless it's a last minute winner or the game is already won (3 or 4 goals up).

Not sure it's worth the grief he'd get during the game, don't need anything distracting him or causing him to lose his temper.

12 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

He came on against them last year and was basically laughing at them when they were booing him , he will absolutely go out his way to wind them up if he does score .

Yeah, Eddie handled it nicely last season I think, brought him on to get the face-off out of the way. I don't remember Gordon doing much that game outside of winding up the supporters, but if nothing else it meant that this season we don't have to wonder how he'll do in front of them. Gordon didn't seem bothered in the slightest to my memory.