Anthony Gordon

Jack27

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Should have played Barnes, or Joelinton in his place in some games. Or ASM. Or Ginola.

We could have played Matt Richie. I wouldn't have complained had we lost. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Should have played Barnes, or Joelinton in his place in some games. Or ASM. Or Ginola.

If it would have been worth resting him for a subpar player is another discussion im not going to go into again. But just dont call it hindsight.

Here we go, we’ve got the internet physios saying an on the field test is aggressive. We’ve got people saying he’s played so much that a non contact injury in his knee is the cause of fatigue that is the cause of being played too much and we’ve got the knives and witch hunt back again. 

9 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Here we go, we’ve got the internet physios saying an on the field test is aggressive. We’ve got people saying he’s played so much that a non contact injury in his knee is the cause of fatigue that is the cause of being played too much and we’ve got the knives and witch hunt back again. 

I have no idea if to much playtime caused the injury. Just saying that if it was, its not hindsight to call it out, since alot of us did "warn" against it.

38 minutes ago, Displayname said:

If it would have been worth resting him for a subpar player is another discussion im not going to go into again. But just dont call it hindsight.

We should have played RANDOM YOUNG KID A or ANOTHER RANDOM KID B, I get that.

It was the same for Wilson and Isak too. Weirdly, nobody can point out who those random kids (you know, the ones losing 7-1 to Chelsea last week) are, or which games we should have played them. I do think our fans would be massively supportive of Howe if he actively threw matches by playing National League standard kids though, really, I do. Nope, definitely wouldn't be another stick to beat him with, ooooooh no.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The cause of Gordon's injury hasn't been established, but if it's been caused by what I think it has, I told you so. 

It was in response to a post saying it is easy to blame Howe in hindsight. Only thing ive said is that it wouldnt be hindsight.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

We should have played RANDOM YOUNG KID A or ANOTHER RANDOM KID B, I get that.

It was the same for Wilson and Isak too. Weirdly, nobody can point out who those random kids (you know, the ones losing 7-1 to Chelsea last week) are, or which games we should have played them. I do think our fans would be massively supportive of Howe if he actively threw matches by playing National League standard kids though, really, I do. Nope, definitely wouldn't be another stick to beat him with, ooooooh no.

Yeah not going into that discussion again.

1 hour ago, Myleftboot said:

Maybe is knee is ok and his tank was just empty.

He screamed in pain when the “physio” went to test it. His knee is in smithereens. Like our season. 

Edited by Joelinton7

2 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

He screamed in pain when the “physio” went to test it. His knee is in smithereens. Like our season. 

That’s true, but from personal experience a bone bruise on my knee initially hurt way more than it did when I did my ligaments; where I was able to play on for the remainder of the game only realising what had happened a few days later when it locked when I was out walking the dog.

TLDR no one knows what the injury is or for that matter exactly what the hell caused it. 

24 minutes ago, duo said:

I would just rest him now ready for the euros. He's earned it.

He won’t make the Euro squad if he doesn’t play again this season 

5 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Picture from that very match has emerged @ChronicleLive

3f284b4a-8798-4a59-bdce-62f48b679278.jpg.6c7bfa4c48202d265fc1a652a3657f13.jpg

Well, the Chronicle (I know) was reporting that he'd been assessed by the medical team on Tuesday and it wasn't as bad as first feared.

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

Just looked at the table and my god :D Maybe you are on to something.

Honestly mate, they're miles below the level it takes to play in a premier league game. They'll be a massive overhaul over the next year or two I think.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Honestly mate, they're miles below the level it takes to play in a premier league game. They'll be a massive overhaul over the next year or two I think.

Didn't we sign a few canny ones? Irish lad from AC Milan? Think we took someone from Wolves too?

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Tbf, the overhaul has already started, given the number of U16’s we signed at the start of the season.

Unfortunately it’ll take at least a couple of seasons before that starts to have any impact.

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

Did you know that managing workload in reltation to risk of injuries is part of a managers job? Players who are being overloaded are of a much higher risk of injury, those of the kind that Gordon, Willock, Isak and Joelinton and Trippier got for instance. I don't get how people try to deny that the manager has any control over how many injuries that we are likely to get..

Edited by Erikse

Hindsight is a magical thing isn't it.

I would have won the lottery if I had just chosen the right numbers. Stupid of me not to. It was so obvious

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Tbf, the overhaul has already started, given the number of U16’s we signed at the start of the season.

Unfortunately it’ll take at least a couple of seasons before that starts to have any impact.

Yep, you're right, probably 3-4 years before any of them see first team action.

1 hour ago, arnonel said:

Hindsight is a magical thing isn't it.

I would have won the lottery if I had just chosen the right numbers. Stupid of me not to. It was so obvious

I mean it's not hindsight to comment that Gordon has been getting flogged all season because we've been so short of bodies that he's played just about every game this season. That said, this injury might be totally unrelated to getting overworked, but it would have been a surprise if he'd gone through a full campaign without breaking down at some point.

18 hours ago, Mattoon said:

I don't get why everyone is laying into the physio for a standard ROM test, the only thing you could possibly say is that he was probably a bit aggressive with his test which is why Gordon flinched so hard.

I trained as a physio and have a degree in it. The test he did was completely spot on. You have to move the limb to ‘pain’ to assess where the pain is. 

Also, as mentioned it’s only a ROM test. Nothing in the clip shows an ACL test.