Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I didn’t even notice what he did for the second yellow. 

Kicked the ball away. Was thinking he'd he lucky to get away with it when it happened. 

9 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Aye, I agree with this. It's annoying as he's really decent on his left and when he goes outside.

Really liked him on the right and roaming.

Would like to see him on the right for the rest of the season, maybe may negate the need to sign a RW in summer

3 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we play him on the right next season especially as Barnes emerges on the left. I think being on the right will make him more direct. Beat his man and get into a dangerous area where he can whip in a cross. He has this rashford-like approach when he’s on the left where he almost thinks he’s an inside forward or striker. Always cutting in instead of taking his man down the line. Same reason I like seeing Almiron on the left, stops that natural instinct of his to cut in and shoot every time. 

It's a possibility aye, given his versatility and directness. The first pen came from him going outside is an example

18 hours ago, andycap said:

Lewis hall cough cough. 

I’ll reserve judgement till the end of next season. Turned up unfit after being messed around pre season at Chelsea, and I was impressed with his cameo today.

Great performance, with a bonus bit of center forward play for the winner. Goal number three was a fine slice of #10 from Isak.

Gordon played false nine for England U21. Isak's been playing #10 for Sweden. It makes you think should we ever go 4-2-3-1.

Just work on them headers young Anthony.

30 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think it’s a one game ban and back to 8 yellow cards.

The second yellow might have been genius then waiting for the match to be wrapped up before getting a ‘deliberate’ second yellow. If he gets through to 32 games and only has to serve a 1 match ban, and gets a days deserved rest too against the scouse mackems who were only going to kick the living daylights out of him.

33 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think it’s a one game ban and back to 8 yellow cards.

Surely that can't be right. Would that mean that if Bruno get's a yellow against Fulham or Tottenham, he'd be better off picking up a late second yellow? It must be a one game ban and 9 yellows.

2 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Surely that can't be right. Would that mean that if Bruno get's a yellow against Fulham or Tottenham, he'd be better off picking up a late second yellow? It must be a one game ban and 9 yellows.

Correct. 

4 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

So what we are agreeing on is no one knows what the rule is? What a shock! 🤣

Edit-Apparently Lush Vlad does!

2nd Edit - Apparently Lush Vlad doesn't either! 😅

Edited by Joe1984

Just now, healthyaddiction said:

He's now said that is wrong and he was given erroneous info.

It’s not, he’s deleted the tweet that was wrong. That one is correct.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

It’s not, he’s deleted the tweet that was wrong. That one is correct.

Thank Christ these rules are simple and easy to follow eh?