Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, r0cafella said:

It’s stupid because it doesn’t work as a defence and we will get points docked. The rules aren’t interested In weather you should have taken a hair cut. It’s black and white you breached ok how much do we dock. 

That’s why I said appeal/case.  Appeal fail, then take it further.  It come down to competition case again.  A group of clubs are putting in rules that forces other weaker financial clubs to sell assets below market value.  It does not sound like fair competition to me….

26 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Aye

Guy is an Avengers level threat to society, but I can see what he's trying to say. 

Club will claim they tried to sell players, but other clubs were aware of whatever preceived financial constraints were on NUFC due to PSR and lowballed on deals. 

I can also imagine that Luke Edwards strangles cats in some alternative reality. 

Just now, OCK said:

Guy is an Avengers level threat to society, but I can see what he's trying to say. 

Club will claim they tried to sell players, but other clubs were aware of whatever preceived financial constraints were on NUFC due to PSR and lowballed on deals. 

I can also imagine that Luke Edwards strangles cats in some alternative reality. 

The problem is the argument had zero merit, we’ve had 3 years to balance the books and have chosen to do it in a 2 week period at the very end. It’s the dog ate my home work level of excuse. 

I’ve lost interest in football at the moment until we are actually playing again to be honest. This PSR bollocks removes the enjoyment of the transfer window completely with all these shit reports of us selling X, Y and Z. 

I get the impression our owners are a little more coy than that, based on the legal challenge they mounted for the takeover. They'll use the Premier League's own rules against them in CAS but without breaking any of them. They'll say they complied to the letter with everything asked, but were hamstrung by rules that deter natural progression within the system. PSR creates an environment where teams wishing to progress not only have to sell their best players, but buying clubs know the club has to sell so has an advantage in negotiations. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

The problem is the argument had zero merit, we’ve had 3 years to balance the books and have chosen to do it in a 2 week period at the very end. It’s the dog ate my home work level of excuse. 

True. 

At this point just eat the points deduction. Every club should. Every time a club fails PSR it tarnishes the Premier League as a whole, I'd argue it hurts the EPL's reputation more than the individual clubs. 

Edited by OCK

3 minutes ago, Vaj said:

I’ve lost interest in football at the moment until we are actually playing again to be honest. This PSR bollocks removes the enjoyment of the transfer window completely with all these shit reports of us selling X, Y and Z. 

Yup I'm doing my level best to avoid all this shit but I can't help myself clicking threads here and seeing it all anyway.

Pretty sure there were some ITK posters a while ago saying Gordon to Liverpool was very possible. Then again, throw enough darts and one will hit.

What this absolutely should show is that PSR is a joke and unfair. If we do end up selling someone on the cheap to meet the rules we should everything possible to argue it is patently unfair. What’s more, the American owners are meanwhile trading players like its American Football in almost a closed shop bubble.

Edited by Tsunami

We signed Gordon 18 months ago for £40m and then sell him for £30m after a standout u21s England performance and regular season with newcastle. I'm not sure in what world that makes sense. 

Just now, OCK said:

We signed Gordon 18 months ago for £40m and then sell him for £30m after a standout u21s England performance and regular season with newcastle. I'm not sure in what world that makes sense. 

Where's 30mill come from ?

34 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

What does "muddy PSR compliance" mean? How does leaking fake news items change how much we've spent over the last three years?

Yeah, not sure what he was getting at.

However, all this noise being out there and getting headlines, would definitely be a good cover or distraction for the deals we are actually working on. Also gives the impression we are struggling financially, which could help get us better deals in the market.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m literally not watching the PL again if we have to sell Gordon. Not that it will happen, but just putting it out there. 

Did we actually consider it ?

Just now, OCK said:

I get the impression our owners are a little more coy than that, based on the legal challenge they mounted for the takeover. They'll use the Premier League's own rules against them in CAS but without breaking any of them. They'll say they complied to the letter with everything asked, but were hamstrung by rules that deter natural progression within the system. PSR creates an environment where teams wishing to progress not only have to sell their best players, but buying clubs know the club has to sell so has an advantage in negotiations. 

CAS simply don’t have jurisdiction . Or put another way there is absolutely no route for a PL dispute to be referred to CAS.

Your current owners didn’t mount any challenge against the PL. There was a challenge to a competition tribunal from ST James Holdings whose main claim wasn’t ruled on. NUFC ( the club) took matters to an arbitration panel.

To a degree some of the issues that many are so upset about will be resolved at Arbitration following Cities latest challenge.

Irrespective for  me the white paper re the regulator suggests to me  that current legislation and particularly the restrictions that will apply to football , such as deciding what PL clubs have to hand over to the EFL , the fact that PL  clubs won’t be able to leave the PL, won’t be able to move premises without permission , point to football being treated in a completely different environment 

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Wouldn't that  only drive his price down ?

Not necessarily. If the sale is driven by a PSR concern it’s not going to be available, at least on the same terms, once we address the shortfall. The idea we might sell someone else and suddenly Minteh’s not available could put pressure on interested teams.

21 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We aren’t selling Gordon lads no worries. 

Fascinating we're leaking this and the Isak rumours though. 

Clearly part of a strategy, but no idea if it's to cushion the blow of losing "lesser" players or it's bigger picture stuff.