Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, KaKa said:

I think we could claim that we made every effort to move players on, but can't just sell players way below their value, as it is damaging to the club.

Would just be useful when appealing any dumb point deduction, which I think we may increasingly be more likely to take and then challenge at this point.

I get the idea, but we could have leaked it saying they enquired but the offer wasn’t enough. For us to leak we are actively trying to sell him leaves a bad taste.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I get the idea, but we could have leaked it saying they enquired but the offer wasn’t enough. For us to leak we are actively trying to sell him leaves a bad taste.

Yeah, but it's far more convincing! Especially if his agent is in on it and the player is aware.

We have to be seen to be the ones taking action on this.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Lawyers gonna lawyer - if they have sniffed a loophole or stronger chance of defence they’ll be exploiting it straight away. I doubt it but this could be that

32 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

This looks like manufactured bulls inhit but I’ve got a bad feeling about it. How much would the club want? Surely it would be north of £80m? Another player who is priceless for us in my opinion.

If it looks like manufactured bullshit why have you got a bad feeling about it ?

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

But if they have to show they’re actively trying to sell, your approach wouldn’t work, because it would look like you’re turning down opportunities to comply 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Do you believe we offered him to Liverpool? 

Hard to believe or not believe as I owners just stay totally quiet on everything.

My heart said we didn’t but there’s a lot of stories about it now, it was even in sky sports ffs

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Do you get any credit for trying to comply? 

No :lol:

people need to stop this weird track of we tried, it doesn’t work Forest got deducted for this. We’ve had 3 years to balance the books not 3 weeks. 

17 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

There’s a serious agenda happening in the press to unsettle our players.

49 minutes ago the mirrors just printed a story saying Gordon’s best friend in football plays for Liverpool, they’re spouting some article where he named three and one was also Anderson but that doesn’t fit the narrative of the story I suppose.

Edited by Gawalls

21 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

There’s a serious agenda happening in the press to unsettle our players.

I don't know if it is the press. If I was part of the moneybags establishment, I'd be seeking to unsettle the studs of potential contenders left, right and centre. Even if I didn't want them or knew I couldn't afford them.

You just create a bigger barrier to entry by making the likes of Newcastle and Aaron Villa have to pay the likes of Isak, Bruno, Gordon and Watkins incredibly handsomely and deplete resources available to do other stuff.

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

No :lol:

people need to stop this weird track of we tried, it doesn’t work Forest got deducted for this. We’ve had 3 years to balance the books not 3 weeks. 

You're sayingvwe should have ran a balanced book for 3yrs ?

Just now, madras said:

You're sayingvwe should have ran a balanced book for 3yrs ?

The reporting period is 3 years, we had to remain in compliance that’s all. I’m not in anyways defending the rules either I’ve been one of the most vocal saying we have to challenge them to move forward but as we haven’t here we are. 

Absolutely fucking bollocks this. Imagine losing 10-15 goals a year and probably the same in assists. Not even like we can moneyball the fuck out of it and try and make it back in the aggregate with some cheaper players either. 

Bent as fuck the premier league.

27 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

But if they have to show they’re actively trying to sell, your approach wouldn’t work, because it would look like you’re turning down opportunities to comply 

But you don’t get a more lenient punishment for it, Forest tried the exact same thing and where told they should have accepted the bid for Johnson in January.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

But you don’t get a more lenient punishment for it, Forest tried the exact same thing and were told they should have accepted the bid for Johnson in January.

Was Forest’s conduct the same - did they offer Johnson directly to Spurs?

Just now, Theregulars said:

Was Forest’s conduct the same - did they offer Johnson directly to Spurs?

They based their defence on trying to sell players and their appeal was unsuccessful. Not sure if it was Johnson specifically mind.

55 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think there's a good chance we've decided to take the points deduction hit.

All this big show of trying to sell players seems very suspect.

Might be used to mitigate how much of a punishment they plan to dish out, or to buy more time.

But let's see. Something seems fishy around all this!

It’s unsettling our players. I don’t think it’s intentional if we take the hit. 

Ill take things that never happened for 200 bob

Like we would offer gordon to liverfool jesus christ, in acouple of days it going to come out we never offered gordon or anyone else (except minty) to anybody

Longstaff miley wilson tripps anderson and miggy at cut prices would go before a "Crown Jewel" just leave it alone for a couple of day and you will see. Stay Happy :)