Anthony Gordon

Jack27

40 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The generally reliable Chris Waugh even mentioned the head-turned thing a bit too....I mean are people just making that up?

See Craig Hope’s disgusting coverage of the Trippier Bayern link for a solid example of journalistic twisting of words / angle building. He tweeted that Tripps “jetted back from NYC to seal the move”, when in 100% reality he was in NYC with his family and was flying back anyway.

I don’t necessarily think they just make shit up 100%… they get told info by certain sources… doesn’t make that info true. They then choose to report it however they see fit… some choose to be conservative with their info, some choose to create an angle out of everything.

Anyway, from my usual sources AG is fine. Happy as usual. I think most players will probably be flattered by interest from teams like Bayern / Liverpool, but it’s journalistic stretching to say “head turned”.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

See Craig Hope’s disgusting coverage of the Trippier Bayern link for a solid example of journalistic twisting of words / angle building. He tweeted that Tripps “jetted back from NYC to seal the move”, when in 100% reality he was in NYC with his family and was flying back anyway.

I don’t necessarily think they just make shit up 100%… they get told info by certain sources… doesn’t make that info true. They then choose to report it however they see fit… some choose to be conservative with their info, some choose to create an angle out of everything.

Anyway, from my usual sources AG is fine. Happy as usual. I think most players will probably be flattered by interest from teams like Bayern / Liverpool, but it’s journalistic stretching to say “head turned”.

That "Will" account on twitter has repeated this info since you posted it.  "ITK" or forum lurker...

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

The generally reliable Chris Waugh even mentioned the head-turned thing a bit too....I mean are people just making that up?

To be fair, he didn't say his head was turned, but people in the club feared that it could be the case.

11 minutes ago, Paully said:

I’m hearing reports he’s away mind - hopefully wrong but he’s on the ball usually - gutted if true 

Yes he is, he is away in Germany.

BUT he will be back home to Newcastle very soon !!!

12 minutes ago, Paully said:

I’m hearing reports he’s away mind - hopefully wrong but he’s on the ball usually - gutted if true 

The club have already briefed that they have no intention of selling him. They also have no need to.

IF and that's a big IF, you are talking 100m + to get us to the table.

I'm not surprised this still being talked about. People love being the bearer of bad news online and so they are just making stuff up out of nothing now.

We'll hear next that Arne Slot tried to sign him whilst in Holland and that Liverpool have already met with the players family/representatives and Gordon's been searching in the Liverpool area on RightMove. It's all bollocks and you can always tell it's bollocks when journos start arguing with people online about it. 

Don't wanna be crucified for it but Liverpool are chock full of young talent and the appropriate player swaps should at least get our attention in the event AG actually wants to move.

Sounds like classic shit stirring... but let's be honest with ourselves, probably a boyhood dream of AG to play for Liverpool and it shouldn't offend us if there's any truth to the rumblings. Regardless we won't move unless the deal is right.

46 minutes ago, Paully said:

Reliable flip? Is this the bloke that also (correctly IMHO) has Tripps as being away?