Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I can chime in on this one (don’t have any info on Anderson or Minteh, but do on this).

We didn’t offer him to Liverpool. Liverpool did enquire a couple of weeks ago, and again at some point last week, but we said no. No intentions of selling him at all.

AG is absolutely fine and perfectly happy here. No issues. No “heads turned”. Just clickbait guesswork journalism. Some of his family have just moved up here too.

sounds like him and his family were kept in the loop.

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Has apparently refused to start this Saturday as it would mean shaking Schars hand who along with the club in general, wants nothing to do with.

He's already poured Trippiers pickle juice down the sink.

I know transfer rumours are generally false, but ‘offered him to Liverpool’ is weirdly specific and unnecessary if it’s completely false. Especially so if they enquired and we said no, literally the opposite story.  

Made it sound like our preferred PSR option was to sell him to a main rival. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Edwards doubling down with the classic "even if he says he wants to stay, it's a lie" :lol:

I've no doubt that he does want the move. To club he supports, where he's from, who are in the CL? It'd be strange if he didn't want to go.

Hopefully he remains professional. It's up to Liverpool to match our valuation. Every player has their price.

5 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

If there was ever a signal to ignore someone’s point,  it would be when they begin with, “let’s be honest with ourselves”.

This is so true and without looking I can imagine who's used it. :lol:

It's like "no offence but"... right before someone offends someone.

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I've no doubt that he does want the move. To club he supports, where he's from, who are in the CL? It'd be strange if he didn't want to go.

Hopefully he remains professional. It's up to Liverpool to match our valuation. Every player has their price.

What? 

Not a single reliable LFC journalist has written a story on this. I would be very surprised if the Craig Hope article was true.

It is common knowledge that AG is a LFC fan. Given that info and your need to raise some money, I wouldn't be surprised, if we made an enquiry. My guess is it ended at that.

54 minutes ago, Paully said:

I’m hearing reports he’s away mind - hopefully wrong but he’s on the ball usually - gutted if true 

Are you reliable sir? Can you and your source be trusted?

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

If there was ever a signal to ignore someone’s point,  it would be when they begin with, “let’s be honest with ourselves”.

This level of sensitivity to the suggestion a young lad might wanna play for his boyhood club is worth a good chuckle... It'll be ok mate

Just now, rgk_lfc said:

Not a single reliable LFC journalist has written a story on this. I would be very surprised if the Craig Hope article was true.

It is common knowledge that AG is a LFC fan. Given that info and your need to raise some money, I wouldn't be surprised, if we made an enquiry. My guess is it ended at that.

Your timing good man, is rather exceptional. I thank you.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know transfer rumours are generally false, but ‘offered him to Liverpool’ is weirdly specific and unnecessary if it’s completely false. Especially so if they enquired and we said no, literally the opposite story.  

Made it sound like our preferred PSR option was to sell him to a main rival. 

In my experience, when too much specifics is provided, it is often a load of BS.

FFP/PSR working like an absolute charm even for this to be just plausible.

Cover story isn't working so well otherwise clubs wouldn't have to be selling but at least its only pretendy financial difficulty. Not that that doesn't make it even more farcical

21 minutes ago, pubteam said:

I'm not sure Liverpool could realistically afford to buy him, surely he's worth north of £100 million, which doesn't really fit with their spending history.

If they're interested he'll be away. Boyhood fan and they're in the CL. I imagine the fee would be in the region of £100m with maybe a bit of add ons for winning things.

i really don't want him to go but it would make sense on a number of levels. We already have a ready made replacement in the squad (although not as good) and he's got 2 years left on his contract. It's either cash in now or a big new contract. His value only goes down from here.

3 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I can chime in on this one (don’t have any info on Anderson or Minteh, but do on this).

We didn’t offer him to Liverpool. Liverpool did enquire a couple of weeks ago, and again at some point last week, but we said no. No intentions of selling him at all.

AG is absolutely fine and perfectly happy here. No issues. No “heads turned”. Just clickbait guesswork journalism. Some of his family have just moved up here too.

But I also believe this. 

Ultimately it depends on what they offer, as plenty of others have said.

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

i really don't want him to go but it would make sense on a number of levels. We already have a ready made replacement in the squad (although not as good) and he's got 2 years left on his contract. It's either cash in now or a big new contract. His value only goes down from here.

Might hurt some posters' feelings with this one man. Would hate to see him go but I would understand