[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

Anyone else in period 6 reluctant to put a group application in in case you’re less likely to get tickets if you ask for 6 together? Just seems like common sense to me.

Valid point. Worth asking the Box Office the question of if you do that, could 2 of the 6 be successful or would it have to be all 6?

Bit of a tricky one as I guess there’s no point in juniors being successful without a relevant adult. 

Probably does need clarified.

10 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Anyone else in period 6 reluctant to put a group application in in case you’re less likely to get tickets if you ask for 6 together? Just seems like common sense to me.

I was discussing this with some friends off here yesterday and I think you’d be wise to keep your groups as small as possible. 

I’d imagine you’ll be asked on price preference and again I’d keep this as broad as possible.

Basically offer to help put the nets up if need be 🙂

22 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

We are a group of 4, and think we are going to apply as 2 x 2s, for the same reason

11 minutes ago, huss9 said:

@LFEEwhat seems the best for groups of 4 together (other than in the gods)?

There’s loads of 4’s in virtually every low block. For price and height I’d suggest you start at 138 above the ambulance entrance.

Any particular block you had in mind?

2 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Well, the Ashley thing is what it is is, so I accept it clouds the issue here. But it’s not a silly idea otherwise, and pretty much every club bases their allocation of cup final tickets on the basis that season ticket holders deserve first go at getting them.

I just mean, you could be an incredibly loyal lifelong fan and there could be hundreds of reasons why you don’t have a season ticket. I wouldn’t say you ‘deserve’ a final ticket any less than people who do. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I just mean, you could be an incredibly loyal lifelong fan and there could be hundreds of reasons why you don’t have a season ticket. I wouldn’t say you ‘deserve’ a final ticket any less than people who do. 

Ian I love you but your two takes today (this and the open ballot) are getting worse 🙂

Someone who has ploughed thousands into season’s tickets for decades > watched on TV for decades. Every single time for any type of club. To say both equal is crazy 🙂

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Ian I love you but your two takes today (this and the open ballot) are getting worse 🙂

Someone who has ploughed thousands into season’s tickets for decades > watched on TV for decades. Every single time for any type of club. To say both equal is crazy 🙂

:lol:

But you accept that loads of other people would plough that money in it if they had the opportunity? 

I accept arguments like ‘it’s conventional that ST holders get priority’ or ‘it was the deal when we paid for it’. I don’t accept that it means they deserve it or they are more loyal fans. 

It’s a philosophical point I know. I realise people probably won’t agree. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

:lol:

But you accept that loads of other people would plough that money in it if they had the opportunity? 

I accept arguments like ‘it’s conventional that ST holders get priority’ or ‘it was the deal when we paid for it’. I don’t except that it means they deserve it or they are more loyal fans. 

It’s a philosophical point I know. 

Apart from last 14 month they’ve had an opportunity for 15 year approx 🙂

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But you’re getting into intangibles then. Every club is going to have some kind of metric to measure who gets tickets when demand outstrips supply.

Sometimes it’s shit for people, and maybe the use of language like ‘deserves’ isn’t always fair, but you can’t expect a club to take into account every possible life scenario that might have prevented someone from actively (in measurable terms) supporting the club for a period of time.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

But you’re getting into intangibles then. Every club is going to have some kind of metric to measure who gets tickets when demand outstrips supply.

Sometimes it’s shit for people, and maybe the use of language like ‘deserves’ isn’t always fair, but you can’t expect a club to take into account every possible life scenario that might have prevented someone from actively (in measurable terms) supporting the club for a period of time.

Yeah, like I said, it’s a philosophical argument.

i don’t expect the club to implement it, although I do think there’s an argument for rewarding people a bit more evenly in future. 

And for the record I’ve been on both sides of the fence/turnstile. I remember going to every single home game when KK got us promoted getting into ground 2hrs before KO then come Leicester City (7-1) I was locked out for it when they played their final game and were presented with the trophy… running around each of the turnstiles of the full ground to see if any of them were letting in anybody still 🙂

I think it’s fair ST holders get dibs - why should it be any other way really? However there is many fans who also had ST for 15 years + and packed in during the Ashley years who’ve been to every home game post-takeover, thus also ploughing money into the club.

Both things can be true. In our case, there is no real way to measure loyalty as those packing in done what they believed to be the right thing, as did those who stayed. The only thing I’d have changed about the whole ticketing for the final would be to either swap/merge period 5&6, and I say this as someone who has a ticket.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Apart from last 14 month they’ve had an opportunity for 15 year approx 🙂

Well that depends on their situation. Also that’s without debating whether it’s more loyal to stay or go under Ashley. 

All we’re proving here is that it isn’t a reliable way to say who ‘deserves’ future benefits. That’s all I’m saying. 

@AyeDubbleYoo, hypothetically speaking, if there had been no Ashley, it was a completely blank slate/even playing field, and someone had the funds/opportunity to get a season ticket and buy tickets to attend every home cup game this season would you still argue that person A who did that should have equal rights as person B who didn't?

Trying to strip everything away and just understand what you're getting at here, basically.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well that depends on their situation. Also that’s without debating whether it’s more loyal to stay or go under Ashley. 

All we’re proving here is that it isn’t a reliable way to say who ‘deserves’ future benefits. That’s all I’m saying. 

Funny how their situation always improves in conjunction with the team though 🙂

There is a reliable way just the minority don’t agree with it.

And for this game as a standalone I genuinely don’t think the club could’ve been much fairer than they have been. I’ve already mentioned there is a an argument for 6 to be ahead of 5 or merged (if I was doing it) but overall it’s exactly how I thought it would pan out.

Top end sport unfortunately today is too popular for many of the stadiums available.

Just now, Rich said:

@AyeDubbleYoo, hypothetically speaking, if there had been no Ashley, it was a completely blank slate/even playing field, and someone had the funds/opportunity to get a season ticket and buy tickets to attend every home cup game this season would you still argue that person A who did that should have equal rights as person B who didn't?

Trying to strip everything away and just understand what you're getting at here, basically.

No of course, if everyone had the same opportunity and all things were equal. Then having a ST would be a much better measure.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, like I said, it’s a philosophical argument.

i don’t expect the club to implement it, although I do think there’s an argument for rewarding people a bit more evenly in future. 

How though?