[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

4 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Did we really have a fucking parade for losing a final before?

Jesus Christ what a dire idea that is

Remember the 74 one, ended up inside SJP. Google it, amazing night even though we lost. Cups were considered bigger then so the achievement greater. Mind I'm expecting some great memories being made if we win on Sunday.

Just now, frankpingel said:

Think it was always going to be Tues with so many not getting trains until the Mon plus gives club/council/police a day to confirm arrangements. 

It better be evening.

They should have told people sooner.

16 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Did we really have a fucking parade for losing a final before?

Jesus Christ what a dire idea that is

:lol: Misery guts. Genuinely some of the most memorable (TV) images from my NUFC-supporting childhood! 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

The league game feels like it was years ago. Joelinton hit the post twice, Rashford missed a sitter and Ronaldo tried to con the ref into giving them a goal if I remember correctly. 

That Ronaldo ‘goal’ :lol::lol: 

What a moron. Pope and our defenders just stood there and watched him embarass himself. 

Just now, GeordieT said:

Just had the box office on - 2 return tickets. Genuinely could cry. They are still working through the last remaining set, no caller ID, so watch out if you’ve missed out even at this late stage.

I genuinely thought these fb updates were folk telling porkies. Good to hear and congratulations.

6 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

Managed to snag a last minute ticket. Feel very lucky.

My journey down is a bit of a fun one on Saturday like, Newcastle to York, York to Doncaster and then Doncaster to KGX. In first class for the big stretch so going to take advantage of the free/not free beers.

Stopping in Holborn Premier Inn - thankfully know the area quite well so happy enough. 

lner used to only have free drink with first class offer mon-fri so you might be disappointed 

6 hours ago, Sima said:

LNER operating dry trains on Sunday.  Where there's a will there's a way though...

Only northbound after the game mate. Was the same in 1999 and tbh it causes more aggro than prevents. Feel sorry for the staff who have to try to enforce it. 98% of people behave whatever the result. 

3 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

I'm on a train down on Saturday morning. All seats fully booked so I'm having to stand for 3 hours. This didn't concern me a few weeks back when I booked but now it's nearing the day it's a bit of a twat like. [emoji38]

Go in the restaurant carriage, they have unreserved seats in there.

You’ll probably need to get straight on that carriage though, usually B or G apparently.

Edited by Stifler

1 minute ago, pedro111 said:

I'm on a train down on Saturday morning. All seats fully booked so I'm having to stand for 3 hours. This didn't concern me a few weeks back when I booked but now it's nearing the day it's a bit of a twat like. [emoji38]

Think that's the same for me and I've got the bairn. Not on the 10.59 are you? [emoji38]

I'm taking some beers, and hoping I can find a floor somewhere. Nothing will get me down. :thup:

I've got an advance single for the return on Monday. Looks like I can get any train from  09:30, I'm aiming for 10:00. Any ideas if they will be restricting these tickets or is it a free for all. 

@STM I'm on the 0655. From what I can gather they have 2 carriages of unreserved seating first come first served. My ticket tells me to go to coach C. Ideally what you want is a train starting at Newcastle so it won't have any travellers from Edinburgh on it taking up seats. Going by the early departure of mine it should be starting in Newcastle I think but could be wrong though! Yours I'm not so sure. Yeah just take it in your stride mate would hate to be faced with this dilema and having the bairn with me. Hats off to you! [emoji38]

Our Bruno is going to dictate this game; I truly believe he will put in one of his all time best performances for us. I also get the sense that Miguel Almiron will also have one of those special peformances too.