Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

3 minutes ago, midds said:

At work so can't read it all right now but it seems like they're not being charged because they spent too much, it's more the fact they lied about things and tried to cover it up? Would that be correct? 

Yes

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I can’t help but think this is really bad for us too. Expect a crackdown on sponsorship deals and such. 

Well apparently we are looking at 20m for a shirt sponsor next season, considering Chelsea’s is worth 60m odd I’d argue that ours is probably fair market value.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I can’t help but think this is really bad for us too. Expect a crackdown on sponsorship deals and such. 

Would probably be why we haven’t signed any major sponsorships yet. Club probably were aware this was coming. 

Still, announce Saudia 500m 10 year deal. 

Depends on your viewpoint! I've never had any interest in being the next Man City. 

All the noise from the club is they want to do this properly, build slowly, no outrageous chelsea style spending sprees, building academy etc, hell we even signed Brighton's director of football. If this is the truth and there aren't any secret slush fund paying eddie howe this is good for us. Crazy spending at the top needs to be stopped, it is inflating the market and isn't good for the football in the long term. 

What is obscene is how out the blue and singular this is. What Chelsea are doing is obscene. Inflating all the transfer costs is bad news all round apart from the smart clubs they are paying these figures too

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Depends on your viewpoint! I've never had any interest in being the next Man City. 

It’s not about being the next Manchester City, id argue our approach has been different to them thus far. 

It’s about our potential growth and speed of growth being limited by rules designed to maintain a status quo. 

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It's win-win imo

PL does nothing and we spend more and I enjoy the football in ignorant bliss

PL does something and we get Man City out of the picture and grow organically - albeit against a cartel of clubs that can always justify their spend vs turnover. 

We’ve got the perfect manager and board at the moment for a sensible, sustainable growth towards success. If this somehow results in clubs not being able to just throw endless cash at their problems (looking at you Chelsea) we’ll be up there competing for trophies regardless. Either way this goes is good news for us imo

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's win-win imo

PL does nothing and we spend more and I enjoy the football in ignorant bliss

PL does something and we get Man City out of the picture and grow organically - albeit against a cartel of clubs that can always justify their spend vs turnover. 

To catch them requires success on the pitch. They built the leads they have on us in a time whereby they weren’t restricted. 

they make over double our revenue and already have top notch infrastructure we are a long way behind in many aspects. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

To catch them requires success on the pitch. They built the leads they have on us in a time whereby they weren’t restricted. 

they make over double our revenue and already have top notch infrastructure we are a long way behind in many aspects. 

Yeah, that's fine by me. Never been interested in us being like Man City, Chelsea, PSG etc - hate it all tbqhwy

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah, that's fine by me. Never been interested in us being like Man City, Chelsea, PSG etc - hate it all tbqhwy

What do you want us to be KI? 

it’s cliche but I want us to be the best we can possibly be. 

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

When do we expect them to be found guilty / or not?

I imagine it will be a while and then City will take anything to CAS which will take a while. I would be very surprised if this doesn't drag on for a long time before any punishment hits

Just now, Tiresias said:

I imagine it will be a while and then City will take anything to CAS which will take a while. I would be very surprised if this doesn't drag on for a long time before any punishment hits

According to reports they can’t take it to CAS. 

What do you want us to be KI? 

it’s cliche but I want us to be the best we can possibly be. 

The way we're doing it now tbh. It's just a shame that the PIF are involved.

Getting in Darren Eales, Dan Ashworth, and Peter Silverstone to do what they do is pretty much ideal. You want to see a line from youth to academy to first team, expanded revenue streams, better sponsorship deals, and a combination of academy graduates, stars brought in without breaking the bank, and to grow that way. Brighton or (until Covid) Leicester on a bigger scale basically. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The way we're doing it now tbh. It's just a shame that the PIF are involved.

Getting in Darren Eales, Dan Ashworth, and Peter Silverstone to do what they do is pretty much ideal. You want to see a line from youth to academy to first team, expanded revenue streams, better sponsorship deals, and a combination of academy graduates, stars brought in without breaking the bank, and to grow that way. Brighton or (until Covid) Leicester on a bigger scale basically. 

This. Nothing we’ve spent or done so far couldn’t have been achieved without the Saudi’s. There’s a happy middle ground between our tight-fisted cunt former owner and ownership by an oil state - just spending enough to grow the clubs natural potential is all its ever needed