Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Isn't it the AGM this week? Should be interesting.

Certainly is, it’ll be interesting what gets voted through especially in regard to associated party rules which i believe a few clubs hope will be relaxed.

Just now, FloydianMag said:

The cartel don’t want it………🤷‍♂️

Neither do the PFA and rightfully so. 

half baked poorly thought out idea. 

Anchoring would have been ok for us in the short term - it would have held down the richer clubs a bit allowing us more time to catch up while we're constrained by the revenue rules. Saying that, I did read an article that said the anchoring limit would actually make no difference to Man City's current spend, so I'm not sure how much it would have held them back in reality.

But yes, in the wider scheme of things it's a bad idea as we're competing against other European leagues too, so it's not just internal competition.

Just as the current PSR rules are a bad idea for clubs like us, and consequently for the whole league.

One small example - give us the money to have invested last summer to compete in the CL, and there's every chance we at least hold on against PSG, qualify for the next round and from there who knows. Would have given the English leagues European coefficient a boost anyway.

Rules brought in to stop teams like you from developing and keeping the teams in red “at the top”. 

I can’t pretend to understand it all, but if it’s against the Premier League and benefits us as well as yous then I’m all for it. 

Bear in mind we wouldn’t bring legal action against the PL if we weren’t confident of winning, it’s not really something our boys do. So I’m guessing we’ve been given the nod by the lawyers to say it’s worth pushing. 

6 minutes ago, Mase said:

Rules brought in to stop teams like you from developing and keeping the teams in red “at the top”. 

I can’t pretend to understand it all, but if it’s against the Premier League and benefits us as well as yous then I’m all for it. 

Bear in mind we wouldn’t bring legal action against the PL if we weren’t confident of winning, it’s not really something our boys do. So I’m guessing we’ve been given the nod by the lawyers to say it’s worth pushing. 

I hope we’re supporting City with these legal moves👍

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I hope we are backing them up

I hope we’re staying right out of it and just quietly making notes in the background.

The only worry I have is that the threat of City taking them through the courts may be just enough to get their charges done away with without it actually getting to court

Just now, midds said:

The only worry I have is that the threat of City taking them through the courts may be just enough to get their charges done away with without it actually getting to court

I’ve always thought that something like this is City’s nuclear option.

1 minute ago, midds said:

Associated Party Transaction restrictions were brought in after the date period of their charges i think. This case could probably bankrupt the PL though

2 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Associated Party Transaction restrictions were brought in after the date period of their charges i think. This case could probably bankrupt the PL though

December 2021 wasn’t it, that they were brought in? Just after yous were taken over…

Just now, Mase said:

December 2021 wasn’t it, that they were brought in? Just after yous were taken over…

Within a week a PL meeting was held and NUFC were excluded, they suggested these rules and there was a moratorium on all new deals in the PL for all clubs then in December the FMV rules were imposed.

4 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Article states Premier League legal bill has quadrupled from £5m/yr to £20m and their "legal team" have been exclusively focused on a response to this charge rather than working on the 115 charges

2 minutes ago, Mag3.14 said:

Article states Premier League legal bill has quadrupled from £5m/yr to £20m and their "legal team" have been exclusively focused on a response to this charge rather than working on the 115 charges

You can bet City’s legal team have been doing their homework too.

While The Times knows of at least one club that has submitted a witness statement in support of City for next week’s arbitration hearing, sources believe more than half have sided with the Premier League. 

Someone is backing them up...

4 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Within a week a PL meeting was held and NUFC were excluded, they suggested these rules and there was a moratorium on all new deals in the PL for all clubs then in December the FMV rules were imposed.

Just read that a couple of times :lol:

How fucking insane is that little process there? Would any other club be treated like this? 

6 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

It stinks. On par with Man United and Liverpool vetting Masters before he was given the job at the PL. Speaking of which, I wonder when he’ll resign…