Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Does anyone know why Man Utd don't get sanctioned for this debt ? Is it purely the fact the amount they repay is so small it doesn't effect PSR but the debt mountain just gets bigger every year ? 

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Does anyone know why Man Utd don't get sanctioned for this debt ? Is it purely the fact the amount they repay is so small it doesn't effect PSR but the debt mountain just gets bigger every year ? 

Think only the interest paid will be included in their costs

Just now, Ben said:

Pretty much. As long as a club can service it, the league doesn’t care if you were £10m in debt or £10bn.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

PSR is all about profit and loss not whats on the balance sheet

17 minutes ago, Ben said:

Does anyone know why Man Utd don't get sanctioned for this debt ? Is it purely the fact the amount they repay is so small it doesn't affect PSR but the debt mountain just gets bigger every year ? 

FFP/PSR only relates to football direct costs - not all club costs are counted.  So while interest payments are included, debts generally are not.  This can mean that new stadium costs can be met by clubs - and more importantly, leveraged buyouts don’t hit the PSR bottom line either

TPTB should chuck Chelsea out of Europe, and deduct points with immediate effect - they are most likely cheating, at best abusing their position in a corrupt system. I do however give them huge credit for both ingenuity and having created such an outstanding youth system.

I don’t really have a problem with Man U having debt, as long as their auditors sign off and agree they are sustainable. However, they really ought to be repaying external debt in keeping with the assets it relates to, so player purchases debt should be repaid over say 5 years. If as is likely the debt is to the owners, from owner investment, then I guess they can kinda do as they please, it ought to simply devalue the club. (I think we all know that most of that debt was from the Glaziers purchasing it on the tick, which should not be permitted, but was when it happened so hard to do much about it).

Edited by Pablo
Minor correction

1 hour ago, BergenMagpie said:

PIF should give us a 100bn loan at 0% interest. If we invest it at 3% in risk free bonds we get 3bn for PSR a year

Todd Boehly would like a chat 

Its ridiculous what Chelsea have done with the hotel and women's team

Its ridiculous that they've been reduced to doing that

Its ridiculous that clubs can sell players to other clubs and other assets to themselves as a work around only to have only part of the transaction recognised in terms of PSR yet recieving the full amount.

and that's just a fraction of the ridiculousness

how is this clusterfufck worth it just to stop Newcastle, Villa and Everton competing with the top teams?!

Edited by Wolfcastle

15 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Its ridiculous what Chelsea have done with the hotel and women's team

Its ridiculous that they've been reduced to doing that

Its ridiculous that clubs can sell players to other clubs and other assets to themselves as a work around only to have only part of the transaction recognised in terms of PSR yet recieving the full amount.

and that's just a fraction of the ridiculousness

how is this clusterfufck worth it just to stop Newcastle, Villa and Everton competing with the top teams?!

It must be to them, the USA owners are a far bigger threat to the future of the EPL than what the Saudis are

59 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Control F’ing sections of his tweet, it is all there - the rebates, wholesale costs, volume of kit ordered etc. 

What it means for revenue though is very much his interpretation.

1 hour ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Thanks for sharing, I think, because I became weirdly transfixed by it [emoji38]

I think I really enjoyed the main judge best. In my layman's reading of his language, he was usually telling them, in effect, to stop waffling on and asking them to be clear about whatever point they were trying to make.

But here was probably my favourite interjection from him.

One of the points made by the SD lawyer was that Newcastle fans would go into SD stores, buy a shirt, then buy other stuff. This was referred to as the halo effect. So on that basis SD would seek damages for lost other sales and not just for lost shirt sales.

The judge was saying that surely they could work out how much that was, just by referring to how much fans of other clubs bought when going into the store to do the same.

Here's his quote, the part that tickled me in bold;

"...so far as City or the other United or whatever is concerned ... that is a way of quantifying the halo effect so far as the Newcastle United sales". 

Get in.