Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Have to disagree.  Ashley was a bad owner, a super league rips up a century and a half of history and wrests clubs from their communities

A super league only affects Uefa competition and as I've mentioned in pretty sure absolutely nothing would have changed for fans of those clubs who joined in.

Realistic speaking football fans generally don't walk away from the clubs they support.

Given they all pretty much signed up for this concept it goes to show they came to the same conclusion. Money is so deeply embedded into football and thirst for more knows zero boundaries.

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

A super league only affects Uefa competition and as I've mentioned in pretty sure absolutely nothing would have changed for fans of those clubs who joined in.

Realistic speaking football fans generally don't walk away from the clubs they support.

Given they all pretty much signed up for this concept it goes to show they came to the same conclusion. Money is so deeply embedded into football and thirst for more knows zero boundaries.

IMG_6251.jpeg.cef1f93df3290137d2895493cffa6835.jpeg

9 hours ago, Heron said:

Yes. In short. The clubs owners would, but not the match going fans. Just my opinion like. They'd far rather see Man United vs Barcelona in New York with an audience, making their theoretical-twice-the-amount because of a more "premium" product than see Southampton versus Man United in front of actual, multi-generational, lifelong members of the communities they are actually exist to represent.

Vile.

The problem with this is, matches played between Man U and Barcelona played in New York are not going to generate the same atmosphere they would at Old Trafford or the Nou Camp. There's a reason why the PL is the most popular football league in the world, and a lot of it is down to atmosphere and the pace of the game. Take it out of England and you risk losing that.

I still firmly believe the ESL wannabe clubs want to have their cake and eat it. No British club will want to lose their PL status so this is where the PL officials actually have some leverage if they spent less time and money fighting unnecessary legal battles and reminded the cartel clubs where their success has been nurtured.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

The problem with this is, matches played between Man U and Barcelona played in New York are not going to generate the same atmosphere they would at Old Trafford or the Nou Camp. There's a reason why the PL is the most popular football league in the world, and a lot of it is down to atmosphere and the pace of the game. Take it out of England and you risk losing that.

I still firmly believe the ESL wannabe clubs want to have their cake and eat it. No British club will want to lose their PL status so this is where the PL officials actually have some leverage if they spent less time and money fighting unnecessary legal battles and reminded the cartel clubs where their success has been nurtured.

Covid was the perfect proof of that.  The game itself was different due to lack of atmosphere, they were like training games.  

8 hours ago, r0cafella said:

I agree, and I tend to with most of the things you write on here mate - just can’t agree re the Ashley vs ESL thing :)